1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/15/20 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

I had to replace all of my shirts after that 1993 season. Non of the necks were large enough any more. Then we doubled the cornering G loads with the Shannon. I wonder if that is our old car in your photo. We sold it in 2001 after Clive's final crash. It needed tub repairs again. I did a whole tub in '95 because of damage from previous owner.

procainestart
procainestart Dork
4/15/20 8:05 p.m.

This is actually my buddy's car, but I worked on the damn thing so much and navigated so many TSD rallies that I claim partial emotional ownership. cheeky This was at a rally up in B.C. some years back. I drove this one.

Sometime later things got slippy and I stuffed it:

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/15/20 8:21 p.m.

TurnerX19 it could be the same car, I do remember the driver wasn't one of the regulars. I want to say they were out of Oklahoma or somewhere back east but I  could be wrong. 

redstack
redstack Reader
4/15/20 11:28 p.m.

redstack
redstack Reader
4/15/20 11:29 p.m.

PCA autox in Robertsdale AL.

rico750sxi_2
rico750sxi_2 Reader
4/15/20 11:38 p.m.
NOT A TA said:

Lebanon Valley

[URL=https://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/67%20Duece%20Coupe/DSCN1757.jpg.html][/URL]

also Lebanon Valley

More recent, Watkins Glen

HFmaxi
HFmaxi Reader
4/16/20 6:11 a.m.

I'm digging the number of SAABs and rally cars in this thread so here are a couple more:

ESPR Tarmac 

My old SPG

kevinatfms
kevinatfms Reader
4/16/20 7:16 a.m.

Fiesta ST @ Summit Point Jefferson Circuit(turn 11 i think?)

Fiesta ST @ Summit Point Shenandoah - The Karousel(or however everyone argues how its spelled)

trumant (Forum Supporter)
trumant (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/28/20 5:39 p.m.

First SCCA Track Sprint/Time Trial at NJMP Thunderbolt

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/20 6:05 p.m.

paul_s0
paul_s0 Reader
8/28/20 7:02 p.m.

Very long time ago, double driving the other chap's Mk2 with a terrible hangover on a Rally Test - beat him by 1 second.wink

A variety of shots from navigational rallies over the years, courtesy of M&H Photography:

A 'skills test' day, mixture of autotesting and generally being silly in cars...

Another mixture of shots, mostly of targa rallies, courtesy of M&H Photography:

Error404
Error404 Reader
8/28/20 8:01 p.m.

My photographer needs a telephoto but here is the last time we were at Roebling. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
8/29/20 10:40 a.m.

autocross.  I need to reshape the cage a bit to be able to drive with my elbow inside the car.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
8/29/20 10:50 a.m.

Some years ago.....

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/29/20 11:05 a.m.

some Rallycross, somewhere. 

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/29/20 11:13 a.m.

A few seconds of fame. SCCA homepage:

GRM magazine

wspohn
wspohn Dork
8/29/20 11:26 a.m.

Forgot I had scanned this one for a magazine article recently.

Those 2.0 Alfas took a lot of work to stay ahead of!

white_fly
white_fly HalfDork
8/29/20 12:16 p.m.

Just autocross so far.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
8/29/20 1:02 p.m.

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
8/29/20 1:08 p.m.

This would have been 2014,  the first year of SCCA Prototype 2 class, when I had 85 pounds of lead on the car to make 1300# minimum weight. I did some dyno time, compiled a lot of season results, wrote a letter to the CRB and got a reduction to 1160# before 2015 commenced, which coincidentally was the year I took the first MARRS series P2 championship. I still scale well over that, but had plenty of room to take many rotating pounds off the brakes last winter, and will make a set of carbon/epoxy resin infusion bodywork/diffuser/splitter/floor extensions before next season.  I've gotten into the 1'11"s on Summit Point main, which is a lot of fun, and only a little terrifying. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/20 1:14 p.m.

Grip, and following a clean line.  Look at how much it is leaning and squatting!

Won M4 by a lot.  Not bad for having half the power and a quarter the skill of other competitors.  I credit being the pre plowed course having frozen banks and being able to bounce off of them.  Until too many people did that and knocked the banks down, at which point I merely didn't get stuck if I went off because the QSW is a friggin' truck.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/20 1:16 p.m.

Understeering pigs need to be thrown around to change direction.

Course made a hard left turn onto the infield, so the strategy is to whipsaw the car the other way first, then stand on the throttle to stop the rotation.  "Scandinavian Flick" is far too graceful a term.

This was the event that got DRSCCA banned from that site (Adrian)

Placed fourth in M4, 40-odd seconds out of 1st.  Car was SA legal except for the missing A/C compressor.  Would have won SA by 60ish seconds.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
8/29/20 1:18 p.m.

In reply to motomoron :

Hopefully a picture of a picture is OK. I wish I had the skills to crop it because there is nearly 100 million dollars worth of cars there  and I'm on the pole

I suppose it would be tacky to take a picture of my first place trophy ? 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/20 1:35 p.m.

22 years ago (I had hair then)  Me and my RX7 before the TII driveline swap at NHIS. No Fire Suite No HANZ Devise.  Just run what you had with what you had.  I may still have that helmet.  LOL. .. .   I think that is the set of tires that I had come apart in the last corner at Bridgehampton. This I think was the shakedown run for that event. 

Edit:  I really want that car back (or build another one) as it was so much fun on track. . . . 

Edit#2  I remember those tires were intentionally small so as to improve the gearing and pull out of corners.  With the tall 5th there was not problem with top speed.  One of the few times going to smaller tires really made the car faster.  I was almost 1.5 seconds faster at NHIS on these tires and rims than my other larger set.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/20 1:36 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

So what car are you in the photo?

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wMoPssSRZQ9RVyBFqd9fPiWjXEyCUvJ4ZJrFlQSUAPIV2On3ZCZDbrR2KdAQsKCx