1 2 3 4
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/28/11 11:35 a.m.

This thread needs more pictures...

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
11/28/11 11:35 a.m.
Greg Voth said: Note the fender gap behind the front tires. The F600 had bigger openings toward the front so the fenders that came with it will give me enough room to put some killer old school wheel well headers on it.

FTFY.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/28/11 12:29 p.m.

Ill try to take some more photos soon. I took of the Coke signs but otherwise its the same. Oh I did break off the passenger side mirror adjusting it. Ill need to remount it with new bolts.

Talked to the guy about the hood. Its black and in good shape aside from a dent on the drivers side rear.

I forgot to add. I love me some vent windows. The cowl vent is pretty badass also. Newer cars just cant deal w/o AC like the older ones can.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
11/28/11 1:32 p.m.

So... When can I drive it?

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
11/28/11 1:46 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: So... When can I drive it?

I would like to get in that line.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/28/11 2:02 p.m.

Once everything is fixed I can give some hay rides or something. Tommy can drive it when I get to drive the Shelby or Tiger.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/28/11 2:47 p.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote:
Greg Voth said: Note the fender gap behind the front tires. The F600 had bigger openings toward the front so the fenders that came with it will give me enough room to put some killer old school wheel well headers on it.
FTFY.

THIS would be bad arse. A bit like this.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/28/11 3:09 p.m.

Wow! I thought you were joking when I first got the pic......nope, you really did buy it.

and here I thought I had the market cornered on POS machines in this area. Looks like I need to do some shopping!

sweet score!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/28/11 3:11 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: and here I thought I had the market cornered on POS machines in this area. Looks like I need to do some shopping!

Want a Yugo? I have a spare.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
11/28/11 3:41 p.m.

hmmm.....don't tempt me!

No, no,no! First the Eagle needs an axle, the TR-6 a ring-gear, the Scirocco.....well everything, and now the M3 has developed a slave cyl prob, or something.

At least I always have the sweet Van to get me around in style!

Not quite as classy as Greg's new hauler, but the van does have a toilet!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/28/11 3:44 p.m.

Those fenders headers would be pretty cool but worthless for this motor and weight of the vehicle.

Joe: Ill just strap a porta-potty on the back. E36 M3tin in style.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
11/28/11 6:29 p.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Once everything is fixed I can give some hay rides or something. Tommy can drive it when I get to drive the Shelby or Tiger.

You haven't gotten to drive either of those yet?

I'll trade you the Manx for it and some cash.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/28/11 9:03 p.m.

I would probably do that for the Manx.

So far I do love this thing though.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/29/11 11:19 a.m.

Some more pics. Added some beauty rings he gave me from a 70 Mach 1. Broke the passenger side mirror (just need to weld it) and took off the coke signs.

Worst of the rust. Comes with a patch panel for this cab corner which eliminates the gas fill hole.

Seat has been redone. The box has the new aluminum radiator he included with it. If you look close you can see the Tom's Turbo Miata in the background.

The extra fenders that came with it.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/29/11 11:38 a.m.

Rat trucks don't need hoods.

tpwalsh
tpwalsh New Reader
11/29/11 11:41 a.m.

In reply to mndsm:

Then it needs an ECU relocate......

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/29/11 11:42 a.m.

In general no but this thing is going to live outside. A hood will be a good thing.

Aside from that I prefer hoods on most things outside of T-Buckets and some 30's cars.

Ninja edit: The ECU is going to get relocated either way.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
11/29/11 12:41 p.m.

I'd rock that party 8 days a week; well bought, sir!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
11/29/11 12:44 p.m.

That is looking better all the time!

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
11/29/11 3:23 p.m.

Drove it around a little bit today. There is a definite hesitation on tip in especially when cold. It also backfires a occasionally through the fuel injected "carb".

The trans shifts quite firmly into second gear. It seems to hang on to the gears longer than most autos I'm used to (all newer cars). On full throttle it will chirp the tires hard into second.

Its still spitting a little coolant now and then. I rigged a temporary catch can. I need to hook up some gauges to this thing to see if its actually getting hot or not.

I love driving this thing. Seat belts will be necessary though.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/29/11 3:57 p.m.

In reply to Greg Voth:

sounds like you need to advance the timing a bit. high cyl head temp and hesitation on tip-in are two symptoms of retarded ignition timing.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/29/11 5:39 p.m.

Carter 625 Competition and dump that crappy TBI.

btp76
btp76 Reader
11/29/11 6:03 p.m.

The TV cable to the trans needs to be adjusted. It's easy, but I forget the exact procedure. Depress button open throttle all the way release button or some such. That'll cure the late, firm shifts.

Taiden
Taiden Dork
11/29/11 6:11 p.m.

I LOVE it. This is pretty much the exact truck I want.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Reader
11/29/11 6:46 p.m.

Thumbs UP !

gives new meaning to a MPV

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
96HG1Vf14oxpoO2Or1FMf1Uorwb3hczGRF1JrR0gu5GN42r9MK2F7AsqicVKyUOF