1 2 3 4 ... 15
Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/7/22 8:43 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to frenchyd :

There is plenty of oil for the next several hundred years and more.  This is being driven by politics.  Enjoy.

And if not, synthetic oil could be made.  Price driven by speculators, politics and greed.

But maybe this time the price will drive the world to be a little (just a little) less dependent on oil.

Naw.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/22 8:56 a.m.

I was milking this tank and I waited one day too long.  I had trouble finding anything under 4.19.  The day before (friday) was 3.59.  I ended up finding a Sheetz with E15 for 3.89 and filled up.

The upside of having a 28 gallon gas tank is that you can go for a long time between fill-ups.  The downside is the depression of having to swipe your card twice to fill it because it cuts you off at $100

rslifkin
rslifkin UberDork
3/7/22 9:11 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I was milking this tank and I waited one day too long.  I had trouble finding anything under 4.19.  The day before (friday) was 3.59.  I ended up finding a Sheetz with E15 for 3.89 and filled up.

The upside of having a 28 gallon gas tank is that you can go for a long time between fill-ups.  The downside is the depression of having to swipe your card twice to fill it because it cuts you off at $100

A bunch of stations around here cut off at $75.  At this point I've gotta remember to fill the BMW before it's down to 1/4 tank to avoid the cutoff (22.5 gallon tank). 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/22 9:12 a.m.

3.77 at our costco. Might go fill up. I drive my Expedition maybe once a week but I have to drop the wife car off for bodywork because of a hit and run. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/22 9:16 a.m.

Diesel in town is about 4.85-4.89, fortunately I filled up the truck a week or so ago. Regular seems to be hovering around $4.00, but of course only one of our cars takes regular in the first place.

Some of my friends in Europe mentioned seeing $8-$8.50/US gal in France over the weekend.

3/7/22 9:19 a.m.

In reply to rslifkin :

I think it has to do with the type of card.  I noticed on a pump at a Sunoco that it explained it all on a sticker if you use debit/visa/amex it all had different limits.  If I use debit I'm usually cut off at a strangely random $74 but credit it shuts me off at $100.

The embarrassing part was that when I re-swiped it only fit another $1.38 before shutting off.  That was a lot of effort for a pint of gas :)

3/7/22 9:21 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I was so frustrated on Saturday when I filled up because I was about 30 miles from home and my closest Costco.  I knew I only get about 15 miles once the fuel light comes on.  I was tempted to just get 3 gallons until I could get to Costco... but also knew that the line at Costco was probably going to be a half hour long so I just bit the bullet and filled up.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/22 9:21 a.m.

$4.00 a gallon for 87 octane in North Idaho. I've seen as high as 4.19.

outasite
outasite HalfDork
3/7/22 9:25 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Plus another dollar for re-swiping the card.sad

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/7/22 9:27 a.m.

On the drive down to Cairo and back Saturday I saw some of the stations raise their prices 20 cents in about 3 hours. Locally, 3.89 is a good price for regular. Premium is pushing $5.

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/7/22 9:28 a.m.

Washington, D.C. and surrounding (within the Beltway) stations are around $3.80-$3.90/gal for 93 octane and $4.xx for diesel. It's annoying, but the Cayenne does great on fuel - 32-34 MPG highway - and I live in a very walkable part of the world where driving is mostly for pleasure, so I'm not feeling super impacted right this second.

We were in Los Angeles on vacation a few weeks ago and driving a C8 Corvette... gas close to the airport was kissing $6/gal for 93, I filled it up twice way further away from LAX for like... $4.60/gal maybe. Tried not to think about it because 1) Corvette 2) loud V8 noises 3) vacation.

yupididit
3/7/22 9:31 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Depends on where you are on where machines cut off. Some so at $100 some at $75. Some don't stop lol 

yupididit

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

I forgot you were in DC area. We should link up. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/7/22 9:34 a.m.

Come on cheap escalades!

Right around $4 a gallon in central Florida. I don't want to see it when it's time to fill the Jeep. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/7/22 9:42 a.m.

$4.19 for 87 is the cheapest around locally. Apparently we've broken some records this weekend on prices. 

Dana was complaining about $44 to fill the civic until I reminded her I have a 44 gallon tank, so 3 civics a bit extra. 

At least my mileage is in high single digits.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
3/7/22 9:52 a.m.

Just drove by the truck stops on I94 here in Dexter Mi. and 93 is $4.73 and Diesel is $4.99. Both my Miata and MINI take 93 octane, the truck is 87 so it may start getting more use as it is no more expensive per mile than the little cars.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
3/7/22 9:54 a.m.

$3.64 for 87

4.39 for diesel

That's in the Columbia, MO area.  Doesn't really affect me too much since my fuel is covered by my job, but it makes a guy second guess driving a V10 4x4.  Does better on gas than the V8 did, but that's not saying much.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
3/7/22 10:02 a.m.

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/7/22 10:06 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

I forgot you were in DC area. We should link up. 

For sure, shoot me a DM!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/7/22 10:48 a.m.

Hmmm.  The fleet of seven vehicles, not counting the motorcycle, charitably has an average fuel economy in the upper teens, maybe closer to mid teens.  I'm not real happy about gas prices, which topped 4.00/gal. here at our local neighborhood station.  We were spending $3 or $400 a month on gas before prices started going up.  Not looking forward to that number breaching $1000. 

Gee.  I can hardly wait to put my Jaguar back into the rotation.  Once the weather gets better, Premium will probably be $5.00 a gallon.  This is really absurd.  It looks like the gas in my rusty old plow pig, will be worth more than the truck it's in.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
3/7/22 11:01 a.m.

I guess it's sad that the gas prices are the strongest motivation I've had lately to get the 325es back on the road.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
3/7/22 11:08 a.m.

Prices have shot up here in NC too. Was around $3.20, now closer to $3.80.

The 29 gallon tank in my E250 is now painful to fill.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
3/7/22 11:09 a.m.

...and they made fun of my 4 cylinder Ecoboost Mustang when I could have had a V8. I also drove my 914 this weekend that is still a 1.8 when everybody told me I should swap a 6 or a V8 into it. And then there's my 125 Yamaha Zuma that gets about 100 mpg if gas prices really go crazy when the big Harleys get about as much MPG as my Miata.

4 Cylinder sports cars are great when gas prices go stupid. And somehow I knew that the 'investors' and the 'speculators' would find an excuse for another run up. How soon before they start cranking out cheap electric hatchbacks instead of big trucks?

I remember big SUV drivers with tears in their eyes and for sale signs in their windows at the gas pumps watching me fill my Miata back in 2009. Aren't you guys ever going to learn?

1 2 3 4 ... 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g0e4W0Gi9w5oSCHhGB0dXHVbN20yWn8nHJvWNd2FRn0XRaTQsjX0VxGVyMp7qzRR