No Motorsports left in it at all.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 HalfDork
3/19/15 10:46 a.m.

The first thing that came to mind.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/19/15 11:07 a.m.
former520 wrote: Or how about this Camaro http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhSbpcHnzjp4B8i2es No Motorsports left in it at all.

You win, least Grass Roots.

That poor poor car, I thought the Geneva convention outlawed torture? Never has a car been in more need of euthanizing :(

BlueInGreen44 wrote: The first thing that came to mind.

Nah, they are Grass Roots Despot Dictator fodder

drdisque
drdisque Reader
3/19/15 11:18 a.m.

Also, Maybachs are out of production virtually orphan cars - aren't we supposed to love those?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 11:21 a.m.

that Camaro may win the irony of one of the groups involved with the build or promotion of it being called Ridin' Clean kills me

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Reader
3/19/15 11:30 a.m.
former520 wrote: How about something a little bigger? 4.4m bus (my hotlink foo is poo, so here is a link) Barret Jackson Bus http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1950-GENERAL-MOTORS-FUTURLINER-PARADE-OF-PROGRESS-TOUR-BUS-15395

I think that bus is awesome.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/19/15 11:35 a.m.

As horrible as that Camaro is, there is something in me that would really like to hear what that stereo sounds like.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/19/15 11:45 a.m.
former520 wrote: Or how about this Camaro No Motorsports left in it at all.

Or grassroots, or even Camaro.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
3/19/15 1:02 p.m.

The straight up electrics. There, I said it. They lack the very soul that all grassroots things should possess.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/15 1:07 p.m.

Mitsuoka Orochi - expensive and Camry powered.

This is actually tough. I'm trying to think of something not Grassroots, but in fact, I feel a kinship with other car enthusiasts, even when I don't get their scene. I mean even if it's not my bag, I'm okay with it.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
3/19/15 1:15 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: No sir-----HERE is the least GRM car I can think of: Created by geeks who hate cars-- designed to remove the pesky "driving" part from our automobiles. Also cost about a trillion dollars to design--- all with the intention of killing our hobby.

EVERYTHING else posted has a driver of some kind... this does away with the driver... so this wins...

kanaric
kanaric Dork
3/19/15 1:30 p.m.

Toyota SC430 when it was new. It was expensive and it was E36 M3ty and it was auto only.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 1:34 p.m.

In reply to kanaric:

you weren't kidding about it looking like E36 M3

that color, that shape, I bet it floats

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/15 1:37 p.m.
yamaha wrote: The straight up electrics. There, I said it. They lack the very soul that all grassroots things should possess.

Sorry, couldn't hear you over all this all-electric squealing rubber!

OK, the soulless downermobiles are gone, what was that?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 UltraDork
3/19/15 1:39 p.m.

Since everything listed so far is a new car, then we have to look at what makes a new car "GRM". Obviously any enthusiasts cars would be highly GRM so they're out. Next would be the modability of the car, so both mundane models of enthusiast cars and the super-hypercars are out. Next would be the ability to get out there and drive, either spirited backroads or auto-x/track days. This eliminates every other car ever.

Which means Joe is right and this wins:

Joe Gearin wrote:
GameboyRMH
3/19/15 1:42 p.m.

I don't see how Google's self-driving prototype is inherently anti-motorsports any more than Ford's quadricycle was anti-horse-racing.

But it is a boring, entirely hands-off, very expensive car so it's a fair nomination anyway.

drummerfromdefleopard
drummerfromdefleopard GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/15 1:50 p.m.

Horse racing was the sport of Kings, and is now only cared about 3 days a year, and the 3rd day is dependent upon the same horse winning the first 2 weekends. The quadricycle killed it. Have you seen what the google-car and formula E have done to F1 this year?!?

Rufledt
Rufledt SuperDork
3/19/15 2:00 p.m.

Isn't this thing just begging for a hayabusa?

GameboyRMH
3/19/15 2:02 p.m.
drummerfromdefleopard wrote: Horse racing was the sport of Kings, and is now only cared about 3 days a year, and the 3rd day is dependent upon the same horse winning the first 2 weekends. The quadricycle killed it. Have you seen what the google-car and formula E have done to F1 this year?!?

Did you do historical research to find that out or are you assuming horse racing was more popular before cars were common? It's the "sport of kings" after all, it's madly expensive - the barriers to entry are much higher than car racing.

drummerfromdefleopard wrote: Have you seen what the google-car and formula E have done to F1 this year?!?

Actually. no. What have they done?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper UltimaDork
3/19/15 2:11 p.m.

Mercedes Necars. I drove on of the model 5's, I think

Start at about 1.5 million dollars. Top speed of about 50 mph. Takes the better part of a full minute to get going that fast, maybe longer (been a long time since I drove one). You can definately beat one on foot for the first block or two. Range of about 100-150 miles. Proprietary refueling process. The cars were put into production, albeit limited production. A fleet of them did exist at one of the airports here.

I can think of no good redeeming features of these things.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/19/15 2:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I don't see how Google's self-driving prototype is inherently anti-motorsports any more than Ford's quadricycle was anti-horse-racing. But it is a boring, entirely hands-off, very expensive car so it's a fair nomination anyway.

Well, both the horse and the Quadricycle needed humans to direct them. There's the difference. The google-abomination only needs us to ride.....not drive.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/19/15 3:34 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I don't see how Google's self-driving prototype is inherently anti-motorsports any more than Ford's quadricycle was anti-horse-racing. But it is a boring, entirely hands-off, very expensive car so it's a fair nomination anyway.

The thread asks what is the most anti-grassroots, not the most anti-motorsports.

The Google car most definitely does not fit the definition of the word "grassroots" (of the common people, basic, primary, separated from the elite).

But, I also don't think it fits the word "motorsports". OK, sure you could "race" them, but it would be kind of more like competing in a video game than what we call "motorsports".

The Google car is both cool, and worthy of discussion on this site. However, it's neither "anti-grassroots" nor "anti-motorsports".

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
3/19/15 4:05 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

I presume they all have speakers on them to mimic exhaust noises? The shrill "White Noise" their motors make is definitely not a soul.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/19/15 4:10 p.m.
SVreX wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote:
The thread asks what is the most anti-grassroots, not the most anti-motorsports. The Google car most definitely does not fit the definition of the word "grassroots" (of the common people, basic, primary, separated from the elite). But, I also don't think it fits the word "motorsports". OK, sure you could "race" them, but it would be kind of more like competing in a video game than what we call "motorsports". The Google car is both cool, and worthy of discussion on this site. However, it's neither "anti-grassroots" nor "anti-motorsports".

Ok SVreX--- now you have me confused. The Google car isn't Grassroots, and it isn't related to Motorsports, so that doesn't make it a candidate for the most anti-GRM car? Now my head hurts...

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Reader
3/19/15 4:20 p.m.

tuk tuk

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0q5pwngvRpaBmLM1sfzxv0TXhkjhkfWXi2rDK8p3yUV6GmRAOfbo5r9yY9eQx0L8