1 2 3
bigev007
bigev007 Reader
12/14/14 6:23 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I learned just how much they charge for one bottle of old engine oil at the liquor store.

I learned the price of a few myself.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/14/14 7:32 p.m.

I learned that paint has gotten pretty expensive for the good stuff. I also learned I wish I still had a paint sprayer because it will take a bit to repaint the whole house.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/14/14 10:37 p.m.

That after 445,000+ miles, 4Runner tailgate latches can wear out. (Newer latches, FTW!)

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/14/14 10:52 p.m.

I just learned that somewhere, there's a 4runner with almost half a million miles on it that hasn't succumbed to tinworm. Such a thing does not exist in MN.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
12/14/14 11:34 p.m.

That my wife will forgive me when I drag something home and we have the space even though I just dragged home something even worst.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
12/15/14 1:34 a.m.
XLR99 wrote: Earplugs will attenuate, but not remove, the sound of a house full of 10 y/o girls. Same with an ANR headset, unfortunately.

Earplugs typically are designed to allow frequencies of human speech to pass through. (the moooooore you knooooowwwwww) ;)

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/15/14 6:15 a.m.

the squeeze to fit foam ones block out pretty much everything

OSULemon
OSULemon Reader
12/15/14 6:52 a.m.

When you need to buy something, there are no good deals on Craigslist. The instant you settle and pay more than you want for not exactly what you wanted, you find 5-10 better deals pop up in the next week.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/15/14 6:55 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
XLR99 wrote: Earplugs will attenuate, but not remove, the sound of a house full of 10 y/o girls. Same with an ANR headset, unfortunately.
Earplugs typically are designed to allow frequencies of human speech to pass through. (the moooooore you knooooowwwwww) ;)

No frequency any 10 year old female produces in proximity to other 10 year old females is human.

Will
Will SuperDork
12/15/14 7:00 a.m.
LuxInterior wrote: Don't buy a cheap Saturn.

There are expensive Saturns?

BeardedJag
BeardedJag New Reader
12/15/14 7:07 a.m.

The second one of your friends buys another sports car, everyone else buys one shortly-there-after.......except you.

OSULemon
OSULemon Reader
12/15/14 7:12 a.m.
Will wrote:
There are expensive Saturns?

Cheap Saturns ARE expensive Saturns

gearheadmb
gearheadmb New Reader
12/15/14 7:18 a.m.

Compressing calipers before you take them off is handy, but it can mess up diagnosis of brake problems.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/15/14 7:36 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Conifer xmas trees smell a little like oranges Ski tickets aren't any cheaper just because they only have 3 out of 27 slopes open

You must have bought a Concolor fir, we got our first one this year too, never going back to any other type of tree. It's been up for two weeks now and smells wonderful and hasn't dropped any needles, not that it would matter as they are so soft and long they don't hurt.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/15/14 9:51 a.m.

What kind? My cheap S-series have been awesome.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
12/15/14 10:38 a.m.

Absinthe on Sundays makes me glad I am unemployed on Mondays

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
12/15/14 11:01 a.m.

I learned that when you buy (according to their catalog) a set of wipers named exact fit for your girlfriends Jetta, they don't fit.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/15/14 1:37 p.m.

I don't like pickled jalapeño slices

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/15/14 1:54 p.m.

I learned these today but, what the hell- a brand new mandolin slicer will make short work of kitchen slicing duties, onions, carrots, celery, your thumb......

and- it pays to be nice to the liquor store lady. A beer that had been told to me was unobtainable nationwide 4 days ago mysteriously showed up there this morning and I just happened to be allowed to purchase the last two bottles anyone is likely to see for the next year........

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/15/14 2:08 p.m.
wbjones wrote: the squeeze to fit foam ones block out pretty much everything

I swallowed 4 of those things. They didn't cut down the noise at all.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 Dork
12/15/14 2:18 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
wbjones wrote: the squeeze to fit foam ones block out pretty much everything
I swallowed 4 of those things. They didn't cut down the noise at all.

You're doing it wrong, they're suppositories.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad HalfDork
12/15/14 2:25 p.m.

In reply to mndsm: I did that once. Only once. Use the gadget that holds the veggies for you or risk developing "thin thumb syndrome".

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/15/14 2:27 p.m.

In reply to bigdaddylee82:

No wonder they tasted like E36 M3.

hotchocolate
hotchocolate Reader
12/15/14 3:00 p.m.

A 2014 Buick Enclave is a really nice vehicle for a road trip for a family of 4. Feels like a 2008 SClass on the road and carried all of our and got 25.87mpg. I am speechless considreing its size and that it was awd. My wife and I were sad to see it go back to hertz. Also that advanced safety features are cool. Rear cross traffic detection, blind spot warning etc are nice to have in family vehicles. Car are getting very nice...wish I could comfortably afford the nice ones.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/15/14 3:13 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: In reply to mndsm: I did that once. Only once. Use the gadget that holds the veggies for you or risk developing "thin thumb syndrome".

I did it just getting the berkeleyer out of the box......

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7ChzmRu4SEHexUT1qJBFDISSrWMskYjAkCv5x640bvCSnAATVKHWhB6l4907XHuc