1 2
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/4/10 8:23 p.m.

Is it all face and no trousers?

Well, let me put it this way, I no longer lust after and "idiot's Ferrari"

You can see the F1 trickle down in the steering wheel.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/02/video-top-gear-and-the-ferrari-458-italia-what-are-you-waiting/#continued

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/4/10 9:21 p.m.

Most Ferraris don't exert much pull on me (well, except for the 308/328 series of my high school years), but I have to admit absolute lust for the new 458. You could take both of my pinky fingers for one of those. That car just flat rocks...

jhaas
jhaas Reader
8/4/10 9:40 p.m.

After watching that video, I have never wanted to buy a Ferrari in my life more than right now...

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/4/10 9:51 p.m.

So one in the flesh in Maranello while doing a drive in the 430 Modena. I feel bad for myself now!

Owner of the ride and drive said they were getting the 458 in about a week. My dumb luck to get to Italy too soon! Yeah, cry for me!

Was a great bit of cinematography on the show. Jeremy lends to a little hyperbole maybe?

M030
M030 HalfDork
8/4/10 9:51 p.m.

Am I the only one on the planet who doesn't want a Ferrari? My cousin has a 328, and to me, "hand built" is just a poor excuse for circa-1974 Fiat build quality. I also dislike all the attention we get when we go somewhere in it. And, my Boxster is faster.

Rant over. Here come the flames...

jhaas
jhaas Reader
8/4/10 10:07 p.m.

yeah but a boxster is a girls car...

Luke
Luke SuperDork
8/4/10 10:16 p.m.

"The 430 Speciale-needs"

Classic bit of TG, very entertaining, and the 458 looked damn impressive.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
8/4/10 10:20 p.m.

The 458 really is beautiful. The larger-proportioned greenhouse, svelte snout, and thin-spoked wheels really make it appear light. Also: Revs to 9,000.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/4/10 10:30 p.m.

In reply to M030:

It does amuse me when you see a pic of an upside down exotic and it instantly reminds me of the stuff I see on Locostusa.com.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/4/10 10:34 p.m.
jhaas wrote: After watching that video, I have never wanted to buy a Ferrari in my life more than right now...

I couldn't agree more

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/4/10 11:07 p.m.

I've always appreciated Ferrari's but never really lusted after the mid-rear engined models. For some reason while I liked them I didn't lust after them, but this one speaks to me in ways I never thought something would.

A Ferrari with the redline of an S2000, now how can that be bad.

bentvalve
bentvalve New Reader
8/4/10 11:09 p.m.

Just let me have a 288 gto and I will never look at another car ever again. That being said I generally prefer the look of the modern lambos.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
8/4/10 11:21 p.m.

If I was a kid and had a poster of a car on the wall, it would be the Zonda.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/4/10 11:44 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: If I was a kid and had a poster of a car on the wall, it would be the Zonda.

Ahhh, but kids tend to go for things that are "off the wall" as it were. The more bizarre the better. As you mature you tend to want the finer things in life.

I'd love to have a Zonda, but what are the odds? There are better odds I'd be able to own a Ferrari, better odds I'd actually see a Ferrari and better odds I'd be able to drive a Ferrari.

On paper I love the mid engined cars but in real life I prefer the looks of the front engined cars.

I would never own a car that needed a $30,000 tune up so even a Ferrari isn't in the realm of possibilities. You always wonder why people would buy a car like that and drive it like they are little old ladies, but routine maintenance costs like that would make you do that.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
8/4/10 11:54 p.m.

Holy cow. I thought the 430 was pretty. I'm wondering what Risi (ALMS racing team) will do with a 458.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/5/10 12:03 a.m.

where do I sign? that 458 is just a drop dead gorgeous car, on par with the new Alfa 8C Competizione and the 8C Spyder easily, and this is just me, but I think it challenges the old 246 Dino and the 330 P3/P4 as some of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made, and yes that includes the old Daytona, which I was never a particularly big fan of in the looks department. and if it goes as well as Jeremy has lead us to believe, I think I could live with changing gears with my indicator and windshield wiper stalks and turning on my lights via a button instead of a rotate-y stick

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/5/10 12:19 a.m.

I'll take one of these for less than half the price, with less than half the technology and ALL the Ferrari experience - unless I can have a 308 GT/4!

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
8/5/10 12:24 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I'd love to have a Zonda, but what are the odds? There are better odds I'd be able to own a Ferrari, better odds I'd actually see a Ferrari and better odds I'd be able to drive a Ferrari.

One in a million may be one thousand times more likely than one in a billion, but why compromise dreams?

flountown
flountown New Reader
8/5/10 8:30 a.m.

If I had to go super car, it'd be a Koenigsegg.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
8/5/10 8:37 a.m.
flountown wrote: If I had to go super car, it'd be a Koenigsegg.

If you HAD to go super car?

AutoXR
AutoXR Reader
8/5/10 8:40 a.m.

+1on the 308 GT4 ... it's just pretty.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/5/10 8:52 a.m.

i have a feeling Jeremy Clarkson is going to buy one...

ManBearSTIG
ManBearSTIG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/5/10 9:17 a.m.

Of all the new Ferrari's, this one gets me hot and bothered much more so, than the 458:

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/5/10 9:23 a.m.

I want a 308/328. I think it is the perfect home for a LSx.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
8/5/10 9:26 a.m.
oldsaw wrote: I'll take one of these for less than half the price, with less than half the technology and ALL the Ferrari experience - unless I can have a 308 GT/4!

here you go!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1845862019.html

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cbHn5PKnxxpdaAcvpJTTfTA2PTObN2zP7RaIDnFZ15mwPXjLqnDSVqnaCdlUsnbz