1 2
sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
3/18/13 9:37 a.m.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/ctd/3629029822.html

My friend has a one, and I am just amazed by it, but it is small. However, that sounds like what you want. I really think my impreza wagon has more interior room. It can tow damn well though.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
3/18/13 9:38 a.m.
Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
3/18/13 10:21 a.m.

On the diesel libby, any issues? I seem to remember reading something that was a challenge with them on here.

Thanks,

J

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/18/13 10:51 a.m.
fanfoy wrote: Since there is no budget or reliability constrains, I'll say Land Rover Disco. You can even find them with manual trans. How's that for left field?

Didn't realize he wanted a to be towed vehicle.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
3/18/13 7:55 p.m.

The Early liberty's had issue but I think most have been figured out. I know a few threads are on this forum , might want to research this subject.

FYI: Jeep is releasing a new diesel sometime this year (not in a one season budget..)

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
3/18/13 8:36 p.m.

V8 4Runner is my vote.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
3/21/13 3:26 p.m.

Jeff have you thought about the Chev Trailblazer / GMC Envoy as an option? I think they can tow up in the 7000 lb range. They come with a pretty nice 6 banger but were available with a V8. They also come in both SWB and LWB models.

If you want obscure they also came in Buick/Saab/Isuzu models! (The Isuzu was only sold in the US - not Canada). There are tons of them on Autotrader and Kijiji.

BTW anyone I have ever talked to about Durango's say they suck down fuel like fat kid eating a Snicker's.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9wDXghplYjVT3vFAwFuaoRXsziMgjcgkQHN7YEOosOtxvU9bql4CGA5I55gGCmO4