JohnSSC
JohnSSC
5/31/08 2:56 p.m.

I have a 1994 Toyota Celica St (1.8 liter). With 170K on the clock I have decided to make it a casual driver/auto-X car - possibly a track day or two.

I added a cold air intake and want to do something cheap but effective from the cat back. Not much out there aftermarket and not sure I want to spend mega $$ on a car this age. Just want to improve the flow and the sound. Since I need to drive it from point A to B, I need to keep the emissions intact.

Any suggestions on what I could have done? I am not skilled mechanically so I would need to find a shop (preferably not a chain like Meineke that quotes $350 and states: "It won't be faster, just noisier.").

I am in the Pittsburgh area if anyone knows of a shop that is better at fabricating than they are at wallet-rapeing...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
5/31/08 4:42 p.m.

7AGE-20Valve. Oh yeah. Those rock.

Oh, cheap and easy on the exhaust Well, find a small no-name muffler shop and go talk to them. Tell them you want mandrel bends, and if they don't have them, you'll supply them yourself. Go for a 2-1/4" system with whatever muffler you want. JC Whitney sells mandrel bends in J sections of whatever diameter you want pretty cheap. Get one or two of those and that should do it for all the bends you'll need.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
5/31/08 6:39 p.m.

Our intent on our 1983 Supra is to buy/scavenge the mandrel bent pipe and weld it up ourselves

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wDARJmQXZmwu6FVchavN5vEtbokgM06VjF7vL5ybvVeToE0ZF7EMd5XPuZumJ121