GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/12/24 9:11 a.m.

So I placed an order with them over a month ago and their site did mention a 4 week delay. Ok, I did miss that when I placed my order. 

They now show a 6 week delay for orders because of high orders? It's the end of the race season, are everyone getting their orders in for 2025??

No response when I asked for an update last week. I've used them in the past without issue.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/24 10:24 a.m.

I guess no. This kind of thing happens a lot when internet business shutter.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/12/24 10:32 a.m.
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) said:

So I placed an order with them over a month ago and their site did mention a 4 week delay. Ok, I did miss that when I placed my order. 

They now show a 6 week delay for orders because of high orders? It's the end of the race season, are everyone getting their orders in for 2025??

No response when I asked for an update last week. I've used them in the past without issue.

I remember ordering and it took a very long time too. Thankfully I wasn't in a rush and I didn't care, but this sounds normal. Sucks that there is no response though (I never bothered reaching out)

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
10/12/24 10:55 a.m.

I didn't see anything on their website about where they are located.  Are they in an area affected by recent storms?

I would think a lot of series that have contingency decals are getting ready for the 2025 season, and have placed their orders so they have them in time.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 11:18 a.m.

The internet says they ship out of  Ft. Worth, Texas if that helps.

amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter)
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/12/24 12:17 p.m.

Call your credit card company and ask them to cancel the charge 

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
10/12/24 12:31 p.m.

I've been buying from him for years, most recently back in May (?).  His delivery times have increased as the business has grown, but I've always gotten what I ordered.  If he's up to 6 weeks delivery as noted on the website, I'd guess he's VERY busy and maybe is falling behind on communications that don't help him get orders out?

If you're still in the delivery window, I'd wait it out.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/12/24 2:01 p.m.

Well, I'm out of the original delivery window but still their latest delivery window.

My last event is tomorrow so once again will just use stickers.

I'll give them another couple weeks before getting a refund from PayPal.

Thanks!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
10/12/24 2:20 p.m.

I wonder what the cutter/tool and material requirements are to get something like this started. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/24 4:39 p.m.
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) said:

This is the nuclear option and leaves the retailer with very few options to make it right. It can delay your refund considerably because then you have to wait until the process is finished - the vendor can't provide a refund once you've contested a charge, which will piss you off. Don't  do it unless it's the last resort. 

This sounds like a one man shop who got behind. Doesn't take much when you don't have anyone else to fall back on. 

wae
wae UltimaDork
10/12/24 6:42 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

I wonder what the cutter/tool and material requirements are to get something like this started. 

I don't think you really need any tools or materials to take orders and not ship stuff!

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer Reader
10/12/24 11:39 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:
amg_rx7 (Forum Supporter) said:

This is the nuclear option and leaves the retailer with very few options to make it right. It can delay your refund considerably because then you have to wait until the process is finished - the vendor can't provide a refund once you've contested a charge, which will piss you off. Don't  do it unless it's the last resort. 

This sounds like a one man shop who got behind. Doesn't take much when you don't have anyone else to fall back on. 

Yah, I don't do that unless I think the business has been screwing me around. Even them I give them a very clear, this is your last chance before I contest the charges. They get hit with a substantial fee and it can jeapordize their ability to take CC.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/13/24 6:56 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

It takes 30 seconds to reply to an email. Just a "sorry I'm swamped and working on it" is enough. 

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
10/13/24 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

That's all well and good if you get one e-mail a day.  A business owner gets a lot more than that about new equipment, suppliers that want to do business with him, invoices, etc.  He posted at the top of his page that he's behind, and to expect delays.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
10/13/24 10:17 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

I'm a business owner. I'm well aware. I don't care if you answer them late when you're watching TV. It's not that hard. At least answer the disappointed customer ones, if they're not handled correctly, you won't need new equipment, invoices, suppliers, etc. 

Successful owners get it handled, bad ones make excuses. This guy can't be bothered to even do that. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
56MIh93t2nKsZNbddM1BBeFdOp8fuFjSFjN7blZJGk4egAlefkXnVcOPF5F5C6D3