Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/16/24 8:51 a.m.

Does the world need another 200tw performance tire?

Yes, of course it does.

New for our scene: the Maxxis Victra VR2. 

But Maxxis isn’t new to making tires. Maxxis International has been offering tires worldwide for more than five decades, originally for bicycles and later for the full range of passenger cars, light trucks, ATVs, motorcycles and trailers. 

Only a …

This content is available for GRM+ members and Grassroots Motorsports magazine subscribers only.

You can read it for free in 180 days or subscribe to GRM+ to read right now.

Subscribe now

Already a member?

Login to read

Read the rest of the story

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/24 10:15 a.m.

That's a bit disappointing to see, the slightly slower pace wouldn't be a problem if the tire didn't heat soak and remained consistent over a session. Hopefully they can make some tweaks to the tire and improve it like Nankang did with the CR-S.

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer Reader
10/16/24 10:17 a.m.

TBH I'd be concerned about the amount of temp sensitivity shown even for autox use. Sounds like a tire where a sprayer would be mandatory. Did the tire change a lot in feel as it heated? It it get greasy or just ultimate grip fell off? If wear and price are good, and feel remains okay I can see that being a good tradeoff for autox capable tires you can still take to a hpde without melting them.

goingnowherefast
goingnowherefast GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/24 10:59 a.m.

Wow, pretty disappointing results. I really thought they would be more on-pace than they were. A small temperature window also ups the amount of work that needs to be done, which in a competition setting you may not have all the time you need to tune it accordingly.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/16/24 12:13 p.m.

We're definitely eager to revisit the VR2 when more sizes become available. 

bladebrakers101
bladebrakers101 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/16/24 12:40 p.m.

Very interesting. Maybe they will come up with a revised compound for the smaller sizes 🤔. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dJNyzJ0R8nrN53pZ5diHUg11zzFojIoQwevZSicsiC96T8tOBrxzutMDZ1ihELCw