1 2
93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Dork
3/26/09 9:33 a.m.

I would rock the HELL out of that after $20 of fixin'.

1) Buy some VHT Nightshade for the tails.

2) New fuel door.

DONE.

Josh
Josh Reader
3/26/09 9:50 a.m.

Looking closer, I think the fuel door thing is actually functional. The corner of the stock fuel door looks like it is trapped behind the fender flare, so I don't think you could open it.

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
3/26/09 11:20 a.m.

Interesting how it's not called an M3 in the ad... and there's no shots of the engine... kinda makes you wonder...

Not my favorite body kit... but I've seen worse... even on M3's... same with the interior...

Don't mind the color at all... although I like Daytona Violet better...

Curious how much they're asking for it... if it's a real M3 with under 40K miles, then it may be a decent car... especially if it's been a show car most of its life and not really abused... however, if it's a fake, then all bets are off...

speedblind
speedblind New Reader
3/26/09 11:47 a.m.

At first glance that thing's scary...and too bad if it was a real M3, because with all the work they could have just started with a 328 and not screwed with a nice stock car...but for the right price, I'd buy it, invest a couple bucks in tail lights and about 60 more in satin black paint and have a badass little track monster just waiting for an LS1.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
3/26/09 12:59 p.m.

wait... how do you ruin something that already sucks?

.....dons flame suit.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
3/26/09 1:04 p.m.

I think all in all it isn't that bad except the taillights and interior. And I agree with the previous statement that the fuel door is functional because you couldn't open the door with those flares.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/26/09 1:16 p.m.

Wait, the mag in the trunk, was this car actually in a magizine?

Ian_F
Ian_F New Reader
3/26/09 1:21 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: He sold it to the dealer for $23K......

Ouch... not sure who to feel bad for...$23K seems high for a '97 M3, even with those miles... they should probably get their money back... eventually... but they could be sitting on it for awhile until the right buyer with cash comes along.

Actually, the suspension and engine being left alone is a good thing... Means it's less likely the PO beat on it...

I wouldn't pay any more than $20K for it... and that's mainly based on the low miles... and the fact I like the color and the lack of performance mods... The expensive stereo means little to me... I'd probably rip it out anyway along with much of the other weight-adders...

Just my opinion... I'm casually looking for a MINI right now... but with one requirement being the car has to be bone-stock with specific options... tough to find sometimes...

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 New Reader
3/26/09 2:27 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: It is a real M3. The link was to my server because it was not live yet, it is the way my database has it set (does not show sub model). One of my employees was at the lot Yesterday taking the photos. He said the trunklid weighed about 40 pounds. There was nothing done to the motor, the guy spent $122K on the car ($19K on the sound system) and did nothing to make the car handle better or go faster. He sold it to the dealer for $23K......

$122k US dollars??

I have to call shenanigans on that. He spent $19k on the radio, maybe $55k for the car new - that leaves $48k for a bodykit (with paint & install), seats and leather interior, clear tails and some wheels and tires.

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
3/26/09 2:59 p.m.

I love Technoviolet M3s. Not quite as much as Avus, but right up there.

Love the flares and the wheels. I'd probably have done smoked lights, and found a way to make the gas flap open OR fill it in before using the one there (if you're spending time and money on bodywork already...).

And really, in a street car that is already faster and handles better than anyone really needs, why not add unique style?

I mean, my chromeline headlights, clear corners and markers, and smoked LED taillights added zero performance. And the 19" wheels probably added very little. But I like the way it performed already and like the way it looks better NOW.

http://www.midatlantic7s.com/?page_id=10&g2_itemId=65

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
3/26/09 3:01 p.m.

^ The thoughts that come to mind seeing those really don't lend themselves well to current company....

Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
3/26/09 3:21 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: ^ The thoughts that come to mind seeing those really don't lend themselves well to current company....

Seeing which?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9nYKkbUZklf6nntqf81OVrlbvdPr7BXXuaIQwBwTlALbZazmkVPL1Fu5kXv5m6e5