GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
9/17/22 11:34 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/484858576473330/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

As the title says. If there's anything salvageable on this I want to try, because it's look is PERFECT for an idea of mine.

Jeff Shaffer
Jeff Shaffer New Reader
9/19/22 11:15 a.m.

looks like it was a nice ride at some point in its life..looks like a fairly hard hit it took.. I would be concerned how tweaked the front is...appear  it is tube up front there atleast the upper portion and shock mount..not sure if its stock lower frame rail or a tube frame car. also how much of the floor pans are left ? it the cage way tied into the original unibody correctly i wouldnt be too worried. If it is just welded to plate to the pan then I would be worried. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/19/22 11:34 a.m.

Yeah, I'd like to see some photos of the frame itself. It wouldn't surprise me if it's just Ford Mustang skin on some sort of tube frame. If so, if the front frame is bent, re-clipping it isn't too tough of a deal in the oval-track world. If the entire frame is tweaked, then you just bought a rough body and some parts for $3500.

Judging by its competition approval sticker, it may not have been run in decades. If so, it's probably a dirt late model - and might have some historical value in that realm if it was raced by a top runner.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S0maZhSuQaMJOJOI8NLKdsV6FkbBuzDBk145MCiOEQi0eDMvyI5jEeErcT1ZNtN9