1 2
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/14/22 8:36 p.m.
WillG80 said:

I was a cardboard box guy too, until I used my friends HF creeper. It's the molded plastic type that goes over the wheels and has a tool storage tray on the sides which comes in handy. Having long hair means any of the ladder frame types is a recipe for mass hair loss. So far this one has been amazing. 

On sale for $30 at the moment  

Although I don't have a bald spot, I have more scalp between each hair since the wild days. I finally cut it at 49, due to thin ness!

I've ripped a bit out before, with creepers. Too cheap to buy the "Bone" and have not used one

have had a couple of those HF, but even at "only" 235lbs, they break at a wheel, on me. Also could stand larger wheels, imho. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/14/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to untchabl :

I'll take you up on that, and will post results on here, if I ever clean enough room in shop to give an honest review. 
I'll be working in N. GA from the 27th to 11/2. Or have a friend in Fuquay that can enable... we'll work something out. 
DM to my email let's me read, but not reply. Please include a name (and / or handle) and email. Or I'll just DM you in a bit!

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/22 9:42 p.m.

Big sheets of cardboard and packing blankets.

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/15/22 8:31 a.m.

I'm amazed at the # of people who don't use a creeper, I never would have guessed it would be that high. This post led me down the creeper rabbit hole, and this one interests me, but is definitely not cheap: https://creepex.com/learn-more-fastback-pro/

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/22 8:46 a.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

That box is exactly what I'm looking for...

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/15/22 9:30 a.m.

Looks nice and more comfortable/easier to get into/out of than the bones. The only thing that jumps at me is that 4" height off the ground, the bones has you at 1 3/4" which gives some extra space to work. I do like the non-caster side wheels though, on a normal creeper it can be hard getting enough torque on things as you just roll around but with those you should be able to lean on them a bit without drifting sideways.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/15/22 2:01 p.m.

Haven't read a single post yet.  Now, going back to count the "Big sheet of cardboard" posts

Cause that's my recommendation unless you are working on clean, smooth concrete with short hair.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/15/22 2:19 p.m.

In reply to dj06482 (Forum Supporter) :

Wow. That's impressive. Not sure it'll help being as tall as it is. I didn't see a price on a quick look?

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/15/22 3:36 p.m.

The Lisle Jeepers Creeper. They cost about 75 bucks and are made in the USA.

I run about 245 pounds and they hold up to me just fine. My current one is somewhere between 5 and 8 years old and I use it all the time.  It lives under my toolbox when not in use. My back is too bad to be playing inchworm under a car. I need to gently lay down on a creeper and wheel myself under there. 

Did y'all catch when I said they are made in USA ? Real deal.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/22 4:13 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Haven't read a single post yet.  Now, going back to count the "Big sheet of cardboard" posts

Cause that's my recommendation unless you are working on clean, smooth concrete with short hair.

Vinyl tarp works even better than cardboard.  It is like sliding on Teflon.

Plus it makes it easier to find that damned nut you just dropped for the third time.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/15/22 4:39 p.m.

I was just finishing a clutch job this morning ... this is how I was using my creeper:

car39
car39 Dork
10/15/22 5:05 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/15/22 6:25 p.m.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/15/22 6:28 p.m.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/15/22 6:28 p.m.

The Doodle abides. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
10/15/22 7:06 p.m.

HF in gray .....and yes the wheels look kinda suspect but body layout is purty dang guud 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/15/22 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Not only has a car, but has a creeper, too!!! Still my favorite member here. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/15/22 8:25 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Surprisingly, my HF wheel did not break. It broke the main plastic wher wheel mounts. angry

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/15/22 10:26 p.m.

These work great. They are low and slide on the floor. They have a headrest. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/22 10:29 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

The Doodle abides. 

I am appropriating that.

sergio
sergio HalfDork
10/16/22 12:21 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Bone creepers are currently unavailable on Amazon. sad

I'll sell you mine

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/16/22 4:58 p.m.

In reply to sergio :

If something doesn't work out on the other one (or I like it enough) I might be interested. Maybe get a GRM express worked out?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
10/21/22 8:04 p.m.
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) said:

The Lisle Jeepers Creeper. They cost about 75 bucks and are made in the USA.

I run about 245 pounds and they hold up to me just fine. My current one is somewhere between 5 and 8 years old and I use it all the time.  It lives under my toolbox when not in use. My back is too bad to be playing inchworm under a car. I need to gently lay down on a creeper and wheel myself under there. 

Did y'all catch when I said they are made in USA ? Real deal.

We have that exact same creeper at the firehouse. I like the shape, but it has surprisingly tiny wheels on it, so I didn't even consider that as an option. 

sergio
sergio HalfDork
10/23/22 9:36 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

You're in Alabama? That's a hop, skip and a jump from Houston. Make a nice beach trip to FW, Destin.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/24/22 2:12 a.m.

We're about 2 hr up and east of destin. Santa Rosa is my wife's favorite place along the coast through there. But it's been years since  we've made it 

worked in Baytown for a few months a couple years ago... three trips back and forth during that. That's long hops and skips!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PQMAh45ZjHCgsp6uh7f7hu0KmdnGnhYsy4XPkVe21S2d1ORwX2qm3FB5XsSEGqOG