1 2
modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
1/25/11 10:50 a.m.
Tom Heath wrote: One question: Why the 3.4 V6 from a Pontiac? I'm not familiar with that engine so I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but the 4.3 always appealed to me.

Probably because he was able to pick it up for $75.

What solution did you use for the rear discs? Aftermarket bolt-on brackets with GM Metric calipers? Or did you swap for an early or late S-10 axle with discs?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 Dork
1/25/11 3:52 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: well see if some of this helps. any of you guys want it for a toy/parts chaser?

Trade you for my Saturn? maybe some cash? My saturn

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 New Reader
1/25/11 9:22 p.m.

no trade on the saturn. sorry, had an sl1 and you couldnt pay me to have another. (well, you probably could pay me enough, but it would have to be rediculous bill gates kind of money)

im actually getting some feedback at this price, and a bunch more nibbles. so well see what happens in the near term.

on the 3.4, short version: it fit my trans, radiator, motor mounts, etc AND it was only 75. it was also SFI and DIS, and no one had done the swap at that point retaining both. (at least not that i was able to find documented.)

so, needing a motor swap anyway, it seemed like a good idea at the time. if i was to do it again, id go with the origonal plan of N*.

michael

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
1/26/11 12:08 a.m.

Should have gone with the Olds theme and sourced a Quad4! But that wouldn't have mated up with anything and would have been never-ending fabrication.

What about the rear brakes? Kit? Swap to the early OEM discs? Or the later OEM discs?

Cotton
Cotton Dork
1/26/11 10:20 p.m.

The truck looks great. The grill, wheels, and stance really set that truck off.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Reader
1/27/11 7:42 a.m.

still stock drums on the rear. theyve never faded, baked, or anything even on CMP which is really hard on brakes, so i didnt see a need to spend the money and change them.

and i thought about the aurora v8 for the olds theme, but again, the 3.4 was CHEAP.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VEzCJAl9UmCoa2c7h7NkLuthDqbrY0tBZ6ZwvnsWVCSUUVdrgcFOGfKLXJCh7dSG