1 2 3 4
ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/10/20 8:26 a.m.

I’d be looking long and hard at an electric motor option . . .

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
5/10/20 8:32 a.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

In reply to frenchyd :

No apology needed. 

I am only really only considering three options, LS, BBC, or  Coyote.    

An aftermarket aluminum head BBC is pretty good choice here, I was ready to get that Motorhome.

But now I'm really stuck on the Ford V10, because you know Chevy doesn't have any freaking V10s does it? 

And I can get a Supercharger from a 5.4 to put on it fairly cheap.  So easy 600hp here.    

I've never restored anything to stock, and actually a stock Nomad is a pretty pathetic performer.

I am putting in a C4 Corvette suspension into the Nomad, 

I have the 85 Vette for that, but I just got the better later model 88 C4 setup for it, with the 13 inch brakes for $400.  (please don't tell me a C5/6 is better, that is how I got this for $400, the seller said he had to get a C5/6 setup cuz he reads the internet!  lol)

I love the fact that you aren't following the herd. Don't get me wrong I've been a life long Chevy owner( and 2 Corvettes)  they are fine engines.  
I'll admit the V10 configuration has my teeth on edge. It just doesn't work for me though. Dodge or Ford. But your willingness to stand up to the purists merits my support and encouragement. 

Listening to the ripping silk sound of a V12  at speed makes me love them. That plus the torque. Any V8 only has two cylinders on power stroke per revolution. A V12 has 50% more. 

When you can buy an all aluminum engine with Forged crank, Forged rods, 11.5-1 compression in great condition for under $500. Dozens of places it's just too much of a deal for me to pass up. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/20 8:57 a.m.

An LS is hard to beat. My current work truck is a 13 year old Suburban that's run up 150,000 miles in Manhattan. There are times when it runs 24/7, it has probably never gotten any of its scheduled maintenance on time, and aside from some odd electrical issues with the transfer case a few years ago it's been as reliable as gravity and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country today.  There's a reason they're so popular.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports HalfDork
5/14/20 12:19 a.m.

Something found its way into the trunk of my Prius after falling off a 380hp Ford 5.4L engine:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cuqqUOP1n5FhUIZntoxfFiaQA9Tre85iEJqhNdlOioqfhttaZs7N4R2nG6toY7Q5