No Time
No Time UltraDork
8/23/23 4:10 p.m.

I'll be pulling the oil pan on my 07 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi to fix an oil leak  

Sine I plan to pull the van and can clean any residue out, I was thinking it might be a good time to use GM top engine cleaner and BG EPR. The goal is to clear out 155k miles of intake buildup and reduce the potential for sticking rings and poor flow in the MDS systems to cause problems.

Pictures for those that didn't read:

TB before cleaning last year. The sections of the intake visible from the throttle body opening looked similar.

No Time
No Time UltraDork
8/23/23 9:20 p.m.

Bump since there's more traffic now

nedc
nedc Reader
8/24/23 11:15 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

Is that GM top cleaner a spray or pour in?

nedc
nedc Reader
8/24/23 11:16 a.m.

Never mind- looks like a spray can.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/24/23 1:14 p.m.

We used to use the pour in ACDelco cleaner a whole lot back in the late 80s, early 90s. All those pinging, clattering, choked down small block Chevies would respond very favorably after a can was run though them. 

No Time
No Time UltraDork
8/24/23 10:18 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to order up both and do them before draining the oil to replace the pan gasket. 

Slinds99
Slinds99 New Reader
8/25/23 3:30 p.m.

If you can, drive the vehicle after putting the EPR in. Just idling or a raised rpm doesn't seem to do the trick.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
8/26/23 4:35 p.m.

I just had a mechanic tell me how great the BG stuff is. He told me at their product demo, they put an electric motor with some bearing on a torque wrench and then torqued it down so the motor could not spin. Then they added BG product and it began turning again, he then asked to grab a random can from the back to rule out some special version, they let him. Did it again and it still worked. He was impressed at how well it lubricated.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2VkVIz3RgHsmjY8at3o7otKjKYoqA6D838Wy0SDdckhXoGs2wAwE6sSD82RI89Eh