1 2 3 4 5
BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
1/10/16 8:29 p.m.

Buy a bunch of Ford Pintos... one in each color offered from the factory...

Just kidding.

I would build something cool and do Targa Newfoundland.

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/16 8:31 p.m.

buy Jay Leno's shop and give him a job.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltimaDork
1/10/16 8:36 p.m.
mndsm wrote: Call the tool truck. Order two of everything.

Gonna catch a matinee show with the $6 you'll have left?

jamscal
jamscal Dork
1/10/16 9:04 p.m.

Probably go non-grm at that point and get a chrome wrapped 918 Spyder and take it easy in the corners.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/10/16 9:20 p.m.

Invest a lot, but there's also a racetrack for sale not far from here that needs a little love (it's sold as a "former racetrack"). $10 million should have that thing bought and up and running again.

Other than that, spend a little money on a nice shop and get some of those cars that are currently out of my price range.

Oh, and a youtube show about going racing on a budget when you have no clue what you're doing. TBH, I'll probably do that either way.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
1/10/16 9:32 p.m.

Lets see...

New, Yukon Denali for road trips. Whatever Viper is on the showroom floor locally. Order a GT-R for One Lap/Silver State, ect. Hellcat Charger, Mustang GT drop top cruiser, trucks, Wranglers.

Farmed out Builds, Singer 911. D series/1st gen Ram done up by Graveyard Cars. Some Dynacorn body handed to Foose. ND and a westfield from FM.

Personal Builds, everything offered by Factory 5. Deuce and a half as a bug out truck. Other things I haven't thought of yet.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
1/10/16 9:34 p.m.

I would open a huge facility with the sole purpose of building whatever I dream up or whatever someone else dreams up that I see as worthy. Then I go on tour, finding people who deserve funding for their ideas/projects (in this case not fab stuff but like society type projects). Then I'd buy limerock and a) make sure it stays a racetrack, and b) have a place to do hotlaps anytime I want. Also berkley those whiney neighbors we're doing 24hr stuff on sundays there, post megabucks, I've got lawyers.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/10/16 9:56 p.m.

Start buying up second hand formula 1 cars. Hire someone who can teach me how to drive 'em, Profit.

Oh crap. Looked at above. I'm thinking too small.

Build evil lair in volcano. Try to take over world.

sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
1/10/16 10:21 p.m.
sesto elemento wrote: Oh and a fighter plane. Doesnt have to be state of the art. I'm not picky. Probly no migs though. And some helis. I wonder if I could set up one of those aircraft carrier deals at limerock so I could land on the front straight
sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
1/10/16 10:26 p.m.

Buy all the billboards, and just put funny e36m3 on them, first month would be me naked (with my junk blurred out of course) laying in a moneybin sized pile of cash with the heading

"have a nice day at work b!+ches".

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
1/10/16 11:47 p.m.

Oh, also the required two chicks at the same time answer. In a car. Two chick's at the same time, in a car.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/10/16 11:51 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
mndsm wrote: Call the tool truck. Order two of everything.
Gonna catch a matinee show with the $6 you'll have left?

I said tool truck. Not snappy man. Swmbo gets a disney discount with mac. Thatll do in a pinch.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
1/11/16 1:18 a.m.

New vehicles for me and wifey, then, since I'd have left my current job, I'd get a Type 65 Coupe kit and fill it with Lincoln guts. After a refresh and t-5 swap, of course.

Then I'd see what this whole one lap thing is about.

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
1/11/16 1:46 a.m.

Buy an older mid-engine F car, maybe a Dino or 328, and drive it throughout the canyon roads of the west without a care of how many miles I add or whether it breaks or not.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/11/16 7:22 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Take a run at Le Mans. Hey, it's a big jackpot.

That's the only think I would do, car wise.

But I'd also understand that while I'm a decent driver, I'll likely not be even as good as Pat Dempsey. So some of the hard part will be to find drivers.

I'd also make it a multi year effort- finding the "lowest" series where I can run the car that is almost the same as the one I could take to Le Mans. And go to win.

dropstep
dropstep HalfDork
1/11/16 7:55 a.m.

Buy giant plot of land, move house to new basement and have it refurbished. Build heated pole barn and put in my own dragstrip. Stuff a kase ford hemi in everything i want.

STM317
STM317 Reader
1/11/16 8:00 a.m.
  1. Buy old race track.

2. Build shop

3. Buy LS motor/Tremec 6060 and everything Detroit Speed sells for my Nova. Pro Tour.

4. Get around to installing my Cobra IRS into my truck with 315s all around. Flare body accordingly.

5. Go upscale with ICON, Singer type stuff.

6. Shenanigans

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/11/16 8:47 a.m.
Kia_Racer wrote:
SVreX wrote: I hate to say it, but I think the honest answer is buy something reliable and quit wrenching on cars.
this

this

I'm already retired (so can't quit my job)

I'm sick (hard to really plan for the future)

I've already got a nice car for DD

my house is payed for

there are several cars out there I'd actually try to buy ... but reference all the above

what would be great would be the knowledge that I and my family was totally secure moneywise regardless what happens

in yrs past I could have filled this with dozens of cars and things I'd do ... reality seems to have set in as life changes

MrLittle
MrLittle New Reader
1/11/16 8:53 a.m.

Have M-sport build me a stage rally car and spend a lot of time at various rally schools learning the craft.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/11/16 9:01 a.m.

I would pay people to fix my E36 M3.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/11/16 9:15 a.m.

If I won, I would get a new minivan, a new fun-but-inexpensive car for me, pay off the mortgage, fund my 401K for a while, set aside some for the kids education, and some for other family bills, maybe $50K for future car projects, and then have a ton of fun giving the rest away.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/11/16 9:20 a.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: Invest a lot, but there's also a racetrack for sale not far from here that needs a little love (it's sold as a "former racetrack"). $10 million should have that thing bought and up and running again. Other than that, spend a little money on a nice shop and get some of those cars that are currently out of my price range. Oh, and a youtube show about going racing on a budget when you have no clue what you're doing. TBH, I'll probably do that either way.

Hey, there is a "former racetrack" for sale near me. Great idea!

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UltraDork
1/11/16 9:27 a.m.

Begin a resto supply biz for J-tin. Quality reproductions of long gone parts for vintage Skylines, Corollas, 510s, Datsun 1600/2000 convertibles, etc.

outasite
outasite Reader
1/11/16 9:40 a.m.

Disappear, hire tax attorney/accountant to manage $$$ for family, live the dream of a financially comfortable motor head.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
1/11/16 10:32 a.m.

I assume this would be after I create a trust to claim it for me (Texas allows a trust to claim), pay off my bills and get the money in an investment firm (or several to spread it out).

1) Buy my kid all the kart stuff he needs to race full time this year. No more used chassis and "seasoned" tires. BUT, not go the whole "race team named after my kid route".
2) Two full Formula 4 cars for him to compete in the races this year. Trailer/truck to haul it all. Full set of Beta tools and tool boxes.
3) Talk to the guys at COTA and offer to make up the F1 fee difference for this year as long as they build an FIA level kart track on the grounds.
4) Buy a house (not too big, under 2500 sqft) with lots of land and a HUGE garage.
5) Garage has bays, lifts and all tools I can imagine.
6) Start buying cars. First is a hot hatch of the 80's/90's theme. Then a little British car invasion theme (Sprites, Midgets, Spitfires, a Mini (or 12). Then a classic truck theme. Then a smattering of cars I've always wanted, a 356 coupe, some early Ferrari, GMC Syclone, etc. All would be drivers.
7) Go to a few F1 races as a VIP (Monaco, Silverstone, USA) the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Goodwood revival (as long as they don't coincide with kart/F1 racing) Maybe LeMans
8) Start looking for people like us to anonymously sponsor. Kids with talent that are beyond their parents budget. We know of a kart racer immediately that we'd provide a full ride to.
9) Buy SWMBO a Plum Crazy Charger Hellcat and a luxo SUV. And a radar detector/jammer.

Let the boy chase his National Karting Championship (or several) and start auto racing. IF he accomplishes it, either move the family to Europe so he can chase the dream of racing F1 or try to break into it from the USA. If his talent IS topped out (i.e. with everything he needs he can't get it done), let him race for fun.

-Rob

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tC1gWtyHUT5rRAorCESqdk3NJfUFp1oQYPhDwUYnK4hEkN4JcTpgABQP0gLtjYN0