1 2 3 4 5
SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/11/16 10:57 a.m.

First thing's first: buy a bigger house with an immense, double level detached shop or carriage house. I'd also buy property to build a large by huge facility to house future cars. I will need the space to put all the E36 M3boxes I'm going to buy.

Then, my Trans Am becomes top priority. That gets finished first before anything else. After that, I scour online ads for all the weird, unusual crap I can think of, and buy cool stuff to fill the garage. Short list would include:

• a gray 1987 Buick Regal T-Type

• 1969 GTO Judge in Carousel Red

• a super clean Fox Mustang LX 5.0

• A ton of random AMC's

• E39 BMW M5

• Another clean 2002-03 Bugeye WRX Wagon, in Aspen White this time

• a ton of cool, old trucks and 4x4's

• a Charger and Challenger Hellcat

• a Coyote-powered FFR '32 Ford kit car

• An 80's IROC

• a 1998-2002 Trans Am WS6 with a T56

And I would hire a crew to maintain them all!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/11/16 11:02 a.m.

I would drive a Pro Mod with tags on the street. Every day.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
1/11/16 11:09 a.m.

I buy THIS THING or build one like it, along with a fleet of race cars/motorcycles/trucks, and a crew to maintain it all and support me at races. Commission scratch-built vehicles for different series as it strikes my fancy. Then, travel the world knocking off bucket list events- Baja, LeMans, Isle of Man, Dakar, etc.

When that becomes boring, sell it all, and invest it in SpaceX with a one way ticket to Mars. Start the first major offroad racing series on another planet- with a flagship long distance event called the Watney 1000. Imagine the jumps in 38% gravity!

pres589
pres589 UberDork
1/11/16 11:26 a.m.

Put most of it in some kind of trust and ride around the world on some kind of motorcycle for a couple years. Come back and start some kind of green energy engineering firm and work on transportation issues.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/11/16 11:27 a.m.

Tesla Model X, Porsche Macan Turbo S, or Range Rover for the wife, her choice(s).

ND Miata after it visits Keith in Colorado for awhile, but not for a V8, that is what the second one would be for. I think a dry sump 7.0L would be great in a ND

GT350R with back seats added back in

Ford GT 1st and 2nd gen and a GT40 to original holmogation spec with a gurney bubble

Focus RS

I would have a Fiesta RS built from the second Focus RS with fully WRC suspension. Or maybe just get a WRC Focus and ad some interior bits.

McLaren F1

McLaren Printer/Fax/Scanner

Zonda

Restomod 1965 Lincoln Continetal 'vert with EcoBoost drivetrain and air suspension from Expedition

Ford Raptor

BMW Z8

Aston Martin Vantage

Aston Martin DB4 Zagato (when you got this kind of money...)

Caymen GT4

RUF RTR or CTR haven't made up my mind

A Lambo Hurican or Aventador

Tesla Model S

Alfa Romeo Quattro Folgilio Parmesan Fettuccine Alfredo with Meatballs

2006 TJ Unlimited Rubicon

1984 Ferrari 288 GTO

67 Dino

Sunbeam Alpine

RS200 holmogation model

Cobra 289 FIA

66 GT350 in same color as the one above

53 Ford F100 with two cabs welded together to make a crew cab on a F150 5.0 drive train with the Boss 302 intake

Last but not least on the initial list

Alfa Romeo GTV/6 fully restored

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
1/11/16 11:35 a.m.

I'd have a Jay Leno level garage and crew. Then find examples of every car I ever owned and do them up the way I always dreamed of but could never afford. Some would get performance "enhancements" you can only get with cubic money but the hilarity of a 1985 Subaru wagon with GTR running gear or a 2000 Grand Caravan capable of 9 second passes would be epic. When people ask me why I do such off-the-wall stuff the answer "because I can".

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/11/16 12:08 p.m.

I'd buy up the land around the local stock car track, pave up a road race track and a great big parking lot for the autocrossers, then build about 50,000 square feet of hot rod/race car shop. I would then buy another 20 or so 2000 Integras to match the 2 Chump cars I already have, and we would have a one make series for me and my friends.

I might buy and rebuild North Wilksborough, too. Might have to buy and bulldoze one of the 1 1/2 milers I find so boring, (California? Texas?) so I can have their cup dates.

lastsnare
lastsnare Reader
1/11/16 12:15 p.m.

I would have Ferrari V12's swapped into all of my cars (I'd have someone else do the work, because billionaire, and I'd watch, or maybe help).
Then, buy more ordinary cars, minivans... and continue with that plan.
World's possibly first Ferrari V12 motorcycle ?? (I don't ride bikes, but just owning it would be fun).
This would amuse me to (nearly) no end. :D
V12 all the things !!

Desmond
Desmond Reader
1/11/16 1:03 p.m.

I would build my own racetrack. Perfect my own skills and keep events going on there to make more money. Jumpstart motorsports in my area.

slefain
slefain UberDork
1/11/16 1:11 p.m.

Restore a basket case Lotus Europa, a cheap Porsche, a flood salvage Mercedes S600L, and a Maserati Bi-Turbo (ideally one that was worked on previously by a backwoods mechanic). All to perfect working order.

Then go back to my normal life because all the lotto money would be gone.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
1/11/16 1:22 p.m.

I would buy a Jaguar XJ220 and daily drive the crap out of it.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
1/11/16 2:23 p.m.

Pave 40 acres and endow my local autocross club with the pimpest setup ever (control tower announcer station?

flatlander937
flatlander937 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/11/16 3:25 p.m.

Massive shop/warehouse, fill with engine dyno, chassis dyno, maybe 10 two-post lifts, an alignment rack, a Roehrig Engineering 7 post shaker rig. And many many tools of course.

Buy multiple rare Porsches to collect and appreciate in value. Plus GT3 and GT4 for shenanigans.

Start engine swapping everything. It interests me.

Build a buggy for King of the Hammers.

Buy several awesome cars.

Big horse farm to keep my wife busy on massive plot of land, same as the big shop. On this land I will also build a personal test track/big parkinglot and many cones. All concrete.

Buy a couple dealerships to maintain steady income. Mazda and Porsche come to mind.

I'd invest and save a LOT of it(well over half), the above is just the car stuff. The very first thing I'd do is pay off all debts of myself and my close family.

ncjay
ncjay Dork
1/11/16 3:35 p.m.

I do believe if I won, even a little bit, I would put a real paint job on one or two of my vehicles.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
1/11/16 3:45 p.m.

Daily drive a billet block and head cummins in a reg cab 2wd pickup. 1400hp would be cool.

Buy some dealerships for income. Sell cars and parts for cheap. Buy up all the interesting NOS stock and squirrel away.

Buy 100k sq ft warehouse. Build homes inside for family. The rest would be for projects. Homes would be soundproofed from shop noise.

Buy off the local politicians so I can do what I want.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
1/11/16 5:34 p.m.

After doing the responsible paying off debts, build my own house, etc. I would pay someone to build me a three car garage and put a lift in it. Get more tools and have them all nice and organized. I would buy a Tesla Model S for my dd, a Subaru BRZ, and fix and further modify my E36. I would buy an E30 for rallycross. My E36 would be the racecar, and I would travel doing autocross and track days across the U.S. Keep at it until I could win a couple of SCCA Autocross National Championships. I would also participate in hillclimbs, too. Purchase, maybe start a solar energy company.

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
1/11/16 5:37 p.m.

More like "What car stuff would you not do?" I would quit my career as a technician and turn it into a hobby in my 10 car garage. I'd pay someone to do all the big dirty stuff that I'm sick of.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
1/11/16 5:59 p.m.

Go to a lemons race, buy the entire field. Then buy the racetrack and invite all of my buddies over for playtime.

ScottRA21
ScottRA21 HalfDork
1/11/16 6:13 p.m.

Buy interesting property in every province and territory. Build tracks everywhere.

BC: Possibly look into a private island on the coast, or some chunk of a mountain. Possibly both. I have had dreams of 24hr races on a track where you have a back straight that you can look out over the Pacific Ocean at sun down...At the same time? Hillclimbs. Why do we not have more than 1 hillclimb a year in B.C.?!

Alberta: Eastern side of the mountains. Hillclimb course added to the usual road course, oval and drag strip.

Saskatchewan: Big, fast track. Hope to find property that toes into a valley like the Qu'appelle so you have some elevation change.

Manitoba: Not sure, but it needs a track.

Ontario: Probably build it in Western Ontario, away from Mosport and the rest....or ignore Ontario and Quebec, they already have a lot of tracks.

NWT, Yukon, Nunavut: Strange possibility of building "The largest race track in the world"...combined with the most Northern Race Track in the world...Would also feature lot of Ice Racing.

Or just set up a team to enter every Crap Can racing series possible in a single calendar year.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
1/11/16 6:14 p.m.

Arrive and drive. In my helicopter.

chiodos
chiodos HalfDork
1/11/16 6:29 p.m.

I'd buy a bunch of cheap E36 M3, a dozen na Miatas so everyone can have a go on my race track driveway, a bobcat and back hoe to build some gnarly ramps for the dozen 2.3/5speed ford Rangers I bought, build a drag strip and skid pad and a large shop to live/work out of and color me golden I'd be happy for the rest of my life.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/11/16 9:42 p.m.
sesto elemento wrote: I would open a huge facility with the sole purpose of building whatever I dream up or whatever someone else dreams up that I see as worthy. Then I go on tour, finding people who deserve funding for their ideas/projects (in this case not fab stuff but like society type projects). Then I'd buy limerock and a) make sure it stays a racetrack, and b) have a place to do hotlaps anytime I want. Also berkley those whiney neighbors we're doing 24hr stuff on sundays there, post megabucks, I've got lawyers.
  1. Hire the Nelson clan to be my full time builders and crew
sesto elemento
sesto elemento Dork
1/11/16 9:51 p.m.

I think it's hillarious that in a discussion about winning a BILLION dollars, people talk about buying and building sub $10K cars, lol. It is grassroots after all!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad SuperDork
1/12/16 7:30 a.m.
sesto elemento wrote: I think it's hillarious that in a discussion about winning a BILLION dollars, people talk about buying and building sub $10K cars, lol. It is grassroots after all!

I know, right? How about this then: buy up every SC430 for a spec demolition derby series, LeMons a Ferrari, DD a Bugatti Veyron.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/12/16 8:07 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
sesto elemento wrote: I think it's hillarious that in a discussion about winning a BILLION dollars, people talk about buying and building sub $10K cars, lol. It is grassroots after all!
I know, right? How about this then: buy up every SC430 for a spec demolition derby series, LeMons a Ferrari, DD a Bugatti Veyron.

How about a Veryron specific demolition derby on pavement?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aPHgGB8Vo3zkozWfTivw5jnqhdDwDDlSaMk0RWoBFGzO3W1uoSDCOPwXy5xryk5M