1 2 3
dculberson
dculberson Dork
5/8/12 10:36 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
dculberson wrote: Only one or two major repairs a year instead of six! Yay!
Have you actually looked at the Jags or are you just repeating the same BS that all Jags are unreliable?

Yes, a lot. I absolutely love how they look and how they drive but every long term ownership experience I've read had a litany of high dollar repairs. Have you ever put 50,000 miles on one?

Edit: I don't mean to say they're not better than they used to be; they are! They're just still not "set and forget" cars like some of the competition has become.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/8/12 10:40 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
dculberson wrote: Only one or two major repairs a year instead of six! Yay!
Have you actually looked at the Jags or are you just repeating the same BS that all Jags are unreliable?
Yes, a lot. I absolutely love how they look and how they drive but every long term ownership experience I've read had a litany of high dollar repairs. Have you ever put 50,000 miles on one?

I took a '94 XJ6 from 65,xxx to 112,xxx. My only problems were other people running into the damn thing.

It was significantly more reliable the hand-me-down Ford Taurus that preceded it. They're beautifully designed and really not that hard to work on. Maintain it yourself, and maintain it well and it won't be a problem.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer Reader
5/8/12 10:43 a.m.

She'll love this.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/12 10:47 a.m.
mmosbey wrote: How about a Laforza? Ford power, luxury.

I want one as a Tow vehicle

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
5/8/12 6:53 p.m.
Randy Pobst said: Bought new by K-PAX owner Jim Haughey, sold to K-PAX driver Randy Pobst to bring a bike home from California to Atlanta, and now time to move on. Pretty dark blue, black leather. Upgraded swaybars, exhaust, 18" BBS wheels, upsized front brakes, front Bilsteins, trailer hitch added for Atlanta trip. Fast and fun, a little wear here and there, very good overall shape. Price:$ 3 695.00 Contact: Randy Pobst 321-432-2665 30504-8183 Gainesville

https://vcoa.org/community/classifieds/6-cars-for-sale/164-1998-xc70-awd-turbo-wagon

SEADave
SEADave New Reader
5/8/12 7:00 p.m.

Newest I6 E39 you can find? I don't think an E36 would be the right car for a former Towncar driver who wants an automatic.

I also like the LS/GS Lexus idea.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xCtBPeUr7v8DaZem71qIe2pwYcLuaOvfnaXt45DSiZVlC5E0MdJPBEdorgQNPlLD