1 2
porschenut
porschenut Reader
3/8/13 8:08 a.m.

You are most likely not considering trading it in. If selling it privately you should disclose and the price will reflect that. Actually the price if the engine were dead would be about the same. So epoxy the crack and drive it until the engine is dead. The value of the car probably won't change much.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
3/8/13 8:57 a.m.

I wonder how it got cracked like that.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/8/13 9:14 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: You posted it here. If the buyer finds proof that you knew about a major defect (say, he or she finds this post) your butt could be in court and you could loose a LOT of money on the deal.

Most states have laws that protect sellers in the event a defect is found at a later date. All car sales between private individuals are considered "as is" without a warranty. A new buyer would have a very hard time getting monetary compensation out of the OP.

That said, it's just unethical to not disclose that.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Reader
3/8/13 9:24 a.m.

As was said before, it's easy; ask yourself how you'd feel if you found that crack just days after you paid hard-earned money for it and found out the po knew about it and decided he didn't care enought about you to tell you.

Ps, how did Pinchvalve find my wedding photo?

stan_d
stan_d Dork
3/8/13 10:37 a.m.

Back the bolt out and see if it closes up. The bolt might be too long. (on the bracket).

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/8/13 1:17 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:

photo rightstuff2.jpg

I had a 13B with a broken motor mount boss. The motor mount was still attached but the crack extended through to oil and it would heave everywhere, until I applied this wonderful, magical chemical.

I put it on everything except toast.

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
3/8/13 3:55 p.m.

I would throw another head on it and be happy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k84vDiKU2qCHbYUeCTPIpKtCHItGNJj787GrU2htuQib3folplUEY1Fd571uDqDk