1 2
codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/17 11:28 a.m.
cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/3/17 12:14 p.m.

Those are all 2-3-4x the cost of the one I posted. Of course, they're all 2-3-4x nicer, as well, so there's that. Maybe a fly and drive is in my future, when I get my E36 M3 together.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/17 12:31 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote:
Knurled wrote: In reply to Tyler H: At least around here, good luck finding an E36 M3 that isn't a convertible. You either take rust, you take a car that is a theft liability and useless for trackdays without a rollbar, or you spend a lot of money. Still want a '95 M3. Must be '95, that was the only year with square wheels, this makes rallycross simpler. This is one of those "wants" that dissolves when met with the reality that a reasonably priced *22 year old* M3 is going to have interior plastic worse than a contemporary Grand Am.
Here you go, not sure I'd rallycross this one though. https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/6066453410.html

That's the PERFECT one to rallycross - it hasn't been berked with. It's all stock, has stock wheels, the interior's all there, etc.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/3/17 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

Best color too. Except for maybe Technoviolet.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
4/3/17 2:27 p.m.

I can only offer that when this forum, which encourages the purchase of EVERYTHING that can possibly be worked in some crazy way, says to pass on it, you've made the right decision there....

Ricky Spanish
Ricky Spanish Reader
4/3/17 3:22 p.m.

RUN

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/3/17 3:47 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: Those are all 2-3-4x the cost of the one I posted. Of course, they're all 2-3-4x nicer, as well, so there's that. Maybe a fly and drive is in my future, when I get my E36 M3 together.

Well, you didn't quote a price on that one. :)

But yeah, I'd buy a $5K rust-free car long before a $1500 one with fenders that look like those in the photos you posted.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/3/17 4:15 p.m.

I have a question. Does that generation of M3 use a standard body shell? If it's modded from the factory in any way how much so?

JBasham
JBasham Reader
4/4/17 3:40 p.m.

OP, I hope that chassis comes with the Organ Donor box checked "Yes." No E36 M3 is worth that much body labor hassle, even for us GRM kids.

The beauty of the E36 market is in the non-M model. Around here you can get them ruler-straight and rust-free for $600 if you look around, and swap whatever you want into it.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/4/17 6:00 p.m.

In reply to JBasham:

You appear to speak the truth.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/6073874251.html

Fo' fitty.

Knurled
4/4/17 6:07 p.m.
OldGray320i wrote: I can only offer that when this forum, which encourages the purchase of EVERYTHING that can possibly be worked in some crazy way, says to pass on it, you've made the right decision there....

The "learn me 3000GT VR4" thread qualified as an Epic Thread. It was like four pages of unilateral nope.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/4/17 6:09 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan:

Interesting. My sister lives outside DC....

Knurled
4/4/17 6:23 p.m.

I was wrong, it was three pages

Even the enablers are half hearted. Paraphrased: "You can make riduculous power, almost enough to go faster than everything else is breaking"

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/4/17 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Knurled:

I love that a 5 year old thread made a big enough impression on you that you both remembered that it existed and enough information to search and find it. The phrase "it's better than a biturbo" made an appearance in that one, for the record.

markwemple
markwemple UltraDork
4/4/17 7:24 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan:

You sir are a true enabler. Now I have another car to ignore. Darn it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TIiy4pk6NcNGPrqslF5rzSIqPHj7gl984Y47Tgk3OSftgon4nVbKkZvFECMLDo3K