jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
7/26/09 9:28 p.m.

So, I'm walking through the garage and have this crazy idea. I have a parts bike with a Yoshimura muffler. What would it sound like if I put it on the GTI challenge car? I'm thinking from the GTI headers dumping out right under the passenger door.

Thoughts?

Would I see any performance gains from it? Would it sound good or would it just sound like and angry hornet?

cwh
cwh Dork
7/26/09 9:38 p.m.

Kind of a big difference (80%) between the exhaust of a liter bike and a 1.8 VW. Would it be restrictive?

2.0dohc
2.0dohc New Reader
7/26/09 10:01 p.m.

its a smaller motor, but remember the vw only revs to what 7k and the bike will rev over 10k

go for it, I have been thinking about doing it on my miata but don't have one just laying around

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Reader
7/26/09 10:07 p.m.

They sound wicked sweet on ACVWs so I say hells yeah!

PaulY
PaulY Reader
7/26/09 11:05 p.m.

If they're anything like hindles it will be wicked loud. We ran a hindle on our 600cc fsae car and we passed the noise test by hiding the muffler behind the tire so when they did their 45* test most of the noise was blocked, except if you were anywhere else than behind the tire.

pres589
pres589 New Reader
7/27/09 12:39 a.m.

I think a lot of modern Yoshi pipes come with baffle inserts that help control noise levels. May still be available for that pipe as well if the thing proves to be too loud.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/27/09 1:12 a.m.

There have been Hayabusa mufflers put on Miatas so I don't see why not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m34oommvbPo

subrew
subrew New Reader
7/27/09 6:05 p.m.

Motocycle mufflers are glorified glass packs. As in, literally a canister packed full of fiberglass exhaust material. Nothing magic about them making more or less horsepower.

therex
therex SuperDork
7/27/09 6:15 p.m.
subrew wrote: Motocycle mufflers are glorified glass packs. As in, literally a canister packed full of fiberglass exhaust material. Nothing magic about them making more or less horsepower.

Not true! If you have a regular glass pack, you can't put this sticker on your volkswagon!

kyproset
kyproset New Reader
8/21/09 5:50 p.m.

it would sound loud, but it would give you top end and low torque.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BW18wbcSFQScUPr3dxELHuqCFT0Kaj74PDfFkrYGhiNZh2PgnFoc0mqTAEkKwwgO