1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/26/24 12:51 p.m.
feature_image

Stock alloys.

Stock seats.

Stock ride height, even?

We have a bit of a time capsule here: A 1991 Acura Integra GS hatchback with, yes, the five-speed manual.

Mileage is listed at 136,000, and it’s in San Antonio.

Asking price: $12,000.

Read the rest of the story

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/24 12:54 p.m.

Oh, now this is a good one :)

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/26/24 1:04 p.m.

Motorized seatbelts belong in the Hennessy Honda of Woodstock buffet line.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/26/24 1:09 p.m.

I really like these, especially the four door ones.

myusdmcavalier
myusdmcavalier Reader
8/26/24 1:19 p.m.

looks perfect and still has 100k miles, probably got 400k of enjoyable, fun miles left.

Keith Tanner
8/26/24 1:20 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Motorized seatbelts belong in the Hennessy Honda of Woodstock buffet line.

The canadian cars and EF Civics apparently didn't have them. Time for some parts bin scrounging.

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
8/26/24 1:48 p.m.

I knew a super cool, hot young woman (in the "hot" girl next door vibe) who had one just like this car when new. 
I'd have to leave that part out of telling my wife why I need to suddenly drive from Austin to San Antonio today.

David S. Wallens
8/26/24 2:33 p.m.

Now, what if this was a GS-R?

Keith Tanner
8/26/24 2:52 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Then it would be a fake, because there wasn't one in 1991 and they were hatchbacks :)

David S. Wallens
8/26/24 2:54 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I just meant an early GS-R this clean. 

Also, ever notice that the DC GS-R never got a badge?

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
8/26/24 2:54 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Then lie to me about how a lack of torque is an absolute deal breaker...and say it with conviction because I'd need to hear it in your voice.

Keith Tanner
8/26/24 2:59 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I just meant an early GS-R this clean. 

Also, ever notice that the DC GS-R never got a badge?

Then it would be on BaT :)

I lived in the alternate universe of Canadian Hondas in the 90s. I knew of things like the Acura EL and ITRs with red interiors, but not badging on the GS-R. Only today did I learn that my 93 Civic CX hatch had a hotter engine than the US version.

David S. Wallens
8/26/24 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Coniglio Rampante :

Woot, B17A1.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/26/24 3:00 p.m.

This seems like a perfect car for Tyson Hugie's collection.

nsxmr2elises2000
nsxmr2elises2000 PowerDork
8/26/24 3:07 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Aztec Green Pearl GS-R, 63k miles. Second owner for 8 years 

may have to make it available soon 😎

B17 for life baby

David S. Wallens
8/26/24 3:11 p.m.
nsxmr2elises2000 said:
David S. Wallens said:

Aztec Green Pearl GS-R, 63k miles. Second owner for 8 years 

may have to make it available soon 😎

B17 for life baby

surprise

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/26/24 3:22 p.m.

Nostalgia hitting hard... I bought a used 1991 Integra GS 5 spd in late 1996.  Mine was black with tan leather interior.  Still ran/drove great when I traded it in mid-2002, but the body was wearing hard.  The windows would rarely shut correctly (despite multiple attempts by the local Acura dealer to fix them), the HVAC was dead.  And I had an annoying tendency to leave the sun visor over the door window and then forget about the motorized belts when I opened the door... thus mangling the visor. 

Still.... I loved that little car...  it was everything a 20-something wanna-be engineer could ask for in a car.  Of course, my g/f at the time hated any Japanese car and talked me into trading it in for an Audi A4 Avant (that turned out to be a used car lemon...).   

That said, if I had the room, I'd be considering a fly-and-drive...  

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/26/24 4:20 p.m.

In reply to nsxmr2elises2000 :

I wanted the green but was only able to find a white one. The only green honda I could find was a Civic SI but I really wanted the cruise control. 

I drove from 99-2006 a 1992 GS-R in white. Got it for a steal of $7K back in the day. It would easily be $15K+ now. 

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
8/26/24 5:33 p.m.

Nope we never had any of that nonsense.

Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
8/26/24 10:02 p.m.

A '91 GS was the first car I ever bought (metallic palm color), was an automatic though. That was the vehicle which got me into cars... when the automatic transmission failed I did swap over to 5 speed manual when home from college for winter break. Actually had 3 integra's in the family, 2 GS (myself and my sister) and an RS (I bought from a co-worker for my brother for 1/10th the price of the subject of this thread with ~115k miles). The RS is the Integra to get over a GS...lightest, all manual controls, no ABS, solid roof/no moonroof. Had a blast autocrossing it and running on track - did some unconventional mods and got it to really rotate like a RWD vehicle and weight down to ~2200lbs. At $12k looks like second gens are on same path as the 3rd gens now...

Unfortunately my brother and I killed the car when trying to install new fuel pump... when turned on the ignition after wiring up the pump (cheap ebay one with no instructions at all) it seemed was spinning backwards, fuel rail was not pressurizing though we could hear it running. So instead of pulling fuel tank and doing a whole lot of work again I had bright idea of swapping pins in the harness... had the full service manual and triple checked everything before swapping. Well, connected battery and upon turning the igniton and everything went dead.... somehow positive got to ground and killed the computer and dash... was just easier for him to buy a new used car. The first car he bought himself was also an RS, but it was a Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (but not the legendary one... was a 2004/5 model)

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
8/27/24 6:24 a.m.

"Listed 7 weeks ago"

Are we sure it's still there, or that there isn't something seriously wrong?

offroadwine
offroadwine New Reader
8/27/24 9:22 a.m.

I was an Acura tech in Dallas when those cars were new, and while we liked the cars, every one one of us hated those silly shoulder belts.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
8/27/24 9:49 a.m.
racerfink said:

"Listed 7 weeks ago"

At over 100k miles for $12k it's looking for a certain type of buyer.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
8/27/24 10:05 a.m.

I owned (2) 2nd gens, one was a 90 GS that was a project that I sold right away and the second I traded for a GS-R that had 235,000 miles (in the early 2000's), B18a1 with gsr pistons a b17 gsr VTEC built head, p28 and uberdata MSD, lowered, it felt faster then the EG B16 that had 20 more Horsepower, that I previously owned. I sold it because the HOA where I lived complained about it, because it was really loud. I went down a rabbit hole trying to find pictures for both, while I found the listings in the early 2000's, the pictures links did not work sad

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/27/24 12:14 p.m.
j_tso said:
racerfink said:

"Listed 7 weeks ago"

At over 100k miles for $12k it's looking for a certain type of buyer.

Definitely.  Looking for someone like me who has a strong sense of nostalgia and cash in hand... granted, I'd be more likely spend $12K on an old car that I'll rarely drive if it's EXACTLY like the one I had rather than just a similar example.  If this one were black with tan leather, I might be trying to figure out how to make room for it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bAQPOPRDmVxhmEQJPoK3Z4M8JrxnfvGWT2JgiU5JOsinoz9Ny0Y5n8EIkYj0lOkQ