1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/12/24 9:27 a.m.

I love Sebring, but you can argue that today‘s Sebring is not yesterday’s Sebring. If you want to experience a ’50s track in its ’50s configuration, you have this, Lime Rock, Road America and maybe a few more. 

Hopefully this one gets saved. 

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS HalfDork
6/12/24 9:40 a.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

I feel like GRM and Haggerty should team up to buy it and then lease it out to clubs for racing on the weekend and for YouTubers to review vehicles during the week. 

or SCCA/Gridlife/etc. Given the varied nature of gridlife events having a place that can host a rock concert, a race, time trial, and drift event all going on at the same time seems like a great fit.  

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
6/13/24 7:11 a.m.

VIR opened in 1957.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
6/13/24 8:05 p.m.

The good news is I seriously doubt the land is particularly attractive to develop.  There is plenty of other land closer to civilization so I'd imagine it is likely it will remain a motorsports facility. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/24 8:21 p.m.
Tom1200 said:
David S. Wallens said:

I’ve been lucky to drive the big track (wow, it’s fast) plus Streets–totally loved Streets. Might have once set some brakes on fire there, too. 

So round about 1989 I rode a TZ250 there; my overriding memory is doing near 150 through turn 8. You'd ride the inside edge of the track and lean out over the dirt...........I thought it cool then but would probably wet myself now.

At least at that speed you wouldn't wet down the back tire.

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
6/13/24 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It took me about 4 laps to work up to that. 

Going 130mph on my 125 at Riverside was just as cool. Mainly because it was the same size as a Honda 90.

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/13/24 11:50 p.m.

I saw a post on another forum that someone had called to ask about it.  Apparently they're looking for something like $35M.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/14/24 12:27 a.m.
jfryjfry said:

The good news is I seriously doubt the land is particularly attractive to develop.  There is plenty of other land closer to civilization so I'd imagine it is likely it will remain a motorsports facility. 

Agreed. There's very little reason you'd buy that land in particular unless you wanted the racetrack on it.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/25/24 12:21 p.m.

I just got an email this morning from a vendor I've bought a bunch of BMW stuff from.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N42fkmfDDmHVKeLeMNZPNx9kYL4Cv1ZsZKOw82YnfNByXmdc79zSOcPGopyDkGdp