1 2
pigeon
pigeon Dork
12/15/10 11:41 p.m.

It's not on their web page so it may be sold but that's what I remember the price being. Depreciation is a real beotch, except when you buy used 8)

Kiponator
Kiponator New Reader
12/16/10 1:10 a.m.

I realized the same thing when I was casually shopping craigslist for a Z3M with the s54 motor. I found an '07 Z4M Coupe with 20k miles on it this past February for just a shade under $30k.

Every drive in it is a life affirming experience. I don't see how you could regret getting one. If you're interested, there is a massive thread at Bimmerfest.com started by a guy building one up into a track monster that he has been updating over the span of 3 years:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185835

Probably the coolest thing about buying one second hand is that compared to the E46 M3s, it's much easier to find a low mileage Z4M since they tend to be weekend cars rather than commuter cars.

wspohn
wspohn Reader
12/16/10 9:04 a.m.

Funny, seeing people that really don't like the styling of this car. I have always found it to be quite good, even if it has an edginess lacking in the smoother curves of traditional coupes.

The handling is very good and the M version (the only one that interests me) has good performance.

In fact I looked for one of these to buy, but I guess they sold so few of them that I wasn't able to find one at all, much less at an agreeable price (they seem to go for around $30K Can. here)

Ended up buying one of the Pontiac Solstice coupes which shares a lot of DNA in terms of styling with the Z4, but without that edginess that seems to disagree with some. I'm probably better off, as the cost of tuning the chassis and the engine up beyond the Z4 capabilities was much less than it would have been with a BMW. Still like the Z4, though and for me, they are head and shoulders better than the Z3.

nderwater
nderwater HalfDork
12/16/10 11:22 a.m.

When I see this:

I see a little bit of this:

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
12/16/10 3:40 p.m.

the Z4 Coupe is easily one of the best looking modern BMWs ever, with the exception of the Z8. Let's face it, BMW is not known for it's great looking cars. Functional and not bad; yes, good looking; no. The Z4 Coupe is an exception in my opinion. And I love the way they drive too. I'm not really a fan of the Z4 roadster though.

Personally, I want the orange one TC Kline built!

dsycks
dsycks Reader
12/16/10 3:56 p.m.

The coupes are secsy... just my 2 cents worth.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o3uUSHqDQXe2SnlebL8f9i8UKXKA82hAbSMZZDRIr8zrsbl53QvDyDp7IvNqkufO