1 2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
9/8/15 8:19 a.m.

In reply to rotard:

I think the best way to address this is low speeds, i.e. kart track, and "pro" riders with strict requirements for gear. That way everyone doesn't have to spend a ton on gear, and those who are riding are fully dressed to crash.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
9/8/15 11:51 a.m.

How is a "pro" going to hop on and get the best out of a bike quickly? There are way too many variables and styles of bikes and the suspension & tires play a larger roll then in a car. Plus what “pro” is going to want to risk life and limb to push the limits on an unknown bike? There was a builder on the Café Racer TV show that built a street bike. They had Ben Bostrom (pro rider) ride it and he crashed because the guy didn’t install the front wheel bearing correctly. This was a builder that owned a shop and wasn’t working towards an artificial deadline or budget. Sounds fun, but you should have to ride it if you built it.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
9/8/15 12:24 p.m.

In reply to Rusnak_322:

Pros take those risks (to some degree) every time they go out on the track, even more so in wheel to wheel racing. On the whole, this should be a lot less hazardous.

If having pro riders means pro scrutineers too, I don't have a problem with that. I doubt that the full MotoGP rule book would be needed.

If a pro refuses to ride my bike, I should probably be concerned.

edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
9/8/15 12:33 p.m.

depending on location and if i still have the kz750 bobber at the time i would be in!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dork
9/8/15 2:19 p.m.
Rusnak_322 wrote: How is a "pro" going to hop on and get the best out of a bike quickly?

Because... they're really good? Tech will decide if the bike is safe, that's what they're there for- and of course the "pros" can refuse to ride a bike, and competitors can ride their own if they have proper safety gear. I'm not sure why we're assuming this is so very dangerous, it's not the berkeleying Isle of Man, it's a track with runoff room and barriers and all that good stuff.

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
9/15/15 4:51 p.m.

physician
physician New Reader
9/21/15 6:32 p.m.

Interesting. I would probably be in with.. like.. 2 bikes lol What about GRM/2 (half the wheels, half the money) What about a wheely bike.. 1 wheel .. 500$ budget... would be awesome !

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cF2XVkuty3OWSWY2xwkMxUBEmVV4qY2X8RtOWlxJN5ffUfu3yFbmu47yfSZPsvfh