1 2
yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/22 4:25 p.m.

I was born with 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot.

Also, when I sneeze, I get shocking pain down both of my arm to my fingertips lol

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 5:10 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Your highschool baseball coach missed out in not making you a pitcher. 6 fingered pitchers have higher speed rates, and often higher veloce thresholds. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/22 5:42 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

They were removed when I was a baby lol

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 6:22 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

:( 80m in career earnings, gone. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 6:25 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to yupididit :

:( 80m in career earnings, gone. 

Yet another thing you can point out to your parents how they screwed up your life.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 6:29 p.m.

I was born what they call Pigeon toed.  Apparently I spent the first two years of my life with braces on my legs.  I think it's strange that I only know of a couple of pictures of me in the braces.  I also have extremely high arches on my feet.  Makes it hard to wear normal work boots.  I'll leave other things out of this discussion as Angry is already way too attracted to me.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/31/22 8:45 p.m.

I was born with a strabismus, eyes pointing in different directions (think of Marty Feldman). 
I had corrective surgery when I was about four. The eye has four muscles attaching it. One of them was too long.  

They would cut the overly long muscle, overlap it, and sew it up. As I understand it, at that time it was a one chance to get it right, no do-overs. The surgeon would guess how much it would tighten up as it scarred, and you got what you got. 

In my case, it worked perfectly. That, plus inheriting the excellent vision from my dad (classically trained portrait painter) and his dad, (open sights sniper in WWI) meant that I've had exceptionally good vision all of my life. 

Until my mid thirties, I would have fun with the instructions to read the smallest line I could at an eye exam by reading the copyright text at the bottom of the chart.

There's been the inevitable decline with age, and like anyone else my age, I can't focus up close, but even now, a few weeks before turning 67, my bad  eye is 20-20. 

In reply to Stampie :

I had those leg braces too. And a double-jointed thumb. And I'm missing (as in never had) one incisor.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/31/22 9:04 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

The step-demon was born pigeon toed. Attempts at surgery, years and years of PT, plus kid sports, she walks and "runs" fine but her feet still point at each other.

I wasn't born with anything fun, all my weird body things are result of stupidity, lack of care, and lack of safety gear. Nose is bent because I used to run my mouth too much (shocking I know), shoulders and knees make clicking sounds from being a heavyweight on a construction site for 10 years. Hips and upper back are in constant, but variable, pain from years of bad sitting, sleeping, and working habits and a car wreck. This might be fixable if I ever find a good chiropractor that takes my insurance though. 

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
8/31/22 9:49 p.m.

I'm a touch over 6' and I have a 30" inseam. My wife is 5'9" and has a 34" inseam. I tower over her when we sit down but when we put  our feet up on the coffee table it's a bit comical.

Like Floating Doc I've always had above average vision. I noticed some age related decline and went to eye doc. My vision has faded to 20/20.

SpeedwayFan
SpeedwayFan Reader
9/1/22 7:08 a.m.

I'm somewhere around 5'10" and I'm around 120lbs. I am a walking stick

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
9/1/22 8:34 a.m.

I have an extra vertebra, and also had supernumerary teeth. Which means I'm the reason Tom did some years with metal braces on his teeth, as did I.

Margie

I have enough replacement parts in my body, that according to insurance payouts, could have bought me a nice house on a beach. LOL.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w8R8IkhVF4I9JakzrVm0egCnnfWmpqV2kXD4hZOT0RjVu8ULibYYEwibDJwb3JQg