DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
10/1/24 12:13 p.m.

I just read that Frank passed yesterday. No cause of death given, but I remember he had a stroke a few years ago. I used to watch their show routinely and enjoyed learning about all the items they would dig up.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/1/24 12:19 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Sad to see him go.  I too really enjoyed the early seasons, but the later ones were a little to scripted and I just couldn't watch them.  R.I.P. Frank.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/1/24 2:00 p.m.

Damn. It's been a long time since I watched the show, but I always enjoyed watching it with my parents back when still lived with them.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/24 2:27 p.m.

Mike should host a special episode where he goes to Frank's house and lowballs the family on all of his old stuff. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
10/1/24 2:31 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Mike should host a special episode where he goes to Frank's house and lowballs the family on all of his old stuff. 

and then offers a "bundle" deal for the discount

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
10/1/24 2:32 p.m.
TRoglodyte said:

and then offers a "bundle" deal for the discount

I thought the exact same thing.  Bundle it.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
10/1/24 2:35 p.m.

The early seasons of Pickers were great, Mike and Frank were a great duo. It was cool when they actually went to areas that I lived or had visited and met with interesting characters. While all reality TV is scripted, I enjoyed it until I didn't and stopped watching it before Frank left. RIP Frank 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
10/1/24 4:31 p.m.

The weird thing is I've been seeing news reports for a couple months now about his demise, but apparently it's now official.  He had been in poor health.

Paris Van Gorder
Paris Van Gorder Associate editor
10/1/24 4:32 p.m.

I watched this show with my dad when I was a little girl and it definitely is one of the things that sparked me love for cars and finding the beauty in things long forgotten. Rest in Peace Frank, thanks for all the adventures. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/1/24 4:34 p.m.

Too soon?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RpnnRQbQi8eoP2tcIhlHbmQceH3fh4e4r9eYk9Az6MM4Um4EYrhOFNDfbjBPJuc0