1 ... 13 14 15
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/13/24 3:03 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks! This turned out really good. So the niche pieces have a bevel? It was hard to see in pictures.

No, I cut off the bevel. If you kept it, then the face would still be sealed/glossy. I just figured squaring them off would be a bit easier to fit up. I was starting to run low on patience. 😬

6/20/24 8:39 a.m.

Not much change in the bathroom. My friend came over last weekend and we deciphered how the knob and tube wiring is in use currently, figured out the best way to get rid of it, and got some new circuits run up form the basement. I still need to finish the fixture and outlet side of things, but it's hot in the attic... 

As far as the bathroom itself, I really need to figure out what we want for a mirror and vanity light here. Any suggestions would be welcome. The MAX height between the cabinets and the counter is 29", and it's a 48" wide countertop. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/20/24 9:20 p.m.

I would just get a piece of mirror cut to fit your opening, with a stainless channel edge frame. Then mount with construction adhesive.

You could do LED tape on the underside of the cabinet.

6/21/24 10:21 a.m.
Duke said:

I would just get a piece of mirror cut to fit your opening, with a stainless channel edge frame. Then mount with construction adhesive.

You could do LED tape on the underside of the cabinet.

Yeah, you're probably right. 

I was debating on under cabinet lighting anyway. I did a pretty clean setup for under cabinet lighting in my old kitchen. I still have some of the supplies, so I just ordered some more. I think I'll mock that up with a random mirror we could set in place and see if that enough light. It should be... In which case then I can either order a mirror to fit somewhat, or do what you said and buy one cut to fit. 

1 ... 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RmTsW3hpDv30t81zitUC1ePNVYsaundsZgJEHElti6T87fq7I3HHZG7aGdfyU0PG