compaddict
compaddict New Reader
7/2/19 11:55 a.m.

I ordered two helmets back in January and they stopped all communication about a month ago. 

CC'd all three emails that I could find and phoned them. 

Anyone know anything?

Vince

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/19 11:57 a.m.

Website appears to be up and running, last update on FB was may 4th. I got nothing else. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/19 12:10 p.m.

That is rough, sucks when vendors do that. You are past 120 days too so no CC chargeback option. sad

compaddict
compaddict New Reader
7/2/19 2:49 p.m.

Yeah bummer!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
7/2/19 7:06 p.m.

I hope not. I really want to replace my Simpson bandit with one when the sa2020 ratings come out. 

compaddict
compaddict New Reader
7/3/19 10:05 a.m.

I just heard that they sold to a new owner and they have a back log. My friend says they will start answering email and phone calls.

I have not heard from the company yet but at least I heard something!

Vince

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/3/19 5:46 p.m.

So I take it James is no longer part of the company? Honestly, That was the only reason I bought mine was because of James. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/19 6:45 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

He is not. I contacted a friend about this today and that was what he told me. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/3/19 8:33 p.m.

Interesting.....I always though James was a good dude. Met him when he moved to Austin from I think it was SD.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/19 8:44 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

his reputation is not that way with anyone i know who had anything to do with him involving money. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/4/19 12:44 a.m.

That sucks, I had nothing but good interactions with them.

Hell, they were able to figure out a mod I was attempting on one of their helmets just from what spare parts I ordered, went out of their way to email me instructions.

compaddict
compaddict New Reader
7/11/19 3:47 p.m.

I got a tracking number today.

Vince

compaddict
compaddict New Reader
7/16/19 4:33 p.m.

Recieved our two helmets! 

They are very nice.

Vince

JamesWilson
JamesWilson New Reader
9/12/19 11:31 a.m.

Hi! Nope, never gone!

With the SA2020 cert looming, we are not keeping large amounts of inventory and had a backlog in production (folks still want helmets!) for a while.

We have had some severe hacking attempts and an ex-employee that locked us out of a few accounts, all of that resolved and bolstered. I took a break earlier this year after the death of my brother and my own health issues on top of a contentious divorce, and am back full time with Black Armor. The Snell SA2020 helmets are in the final design process and will be submitted for certification testing shortly. With regards to "reputation", you really need to look at the source...a salty ex-employee who was upset that a family member had made an investment with the company in order to secure his job there while he was working on being paroled from prison, but later discovered that the company was not actually now owned by him ;) He was terminated and the investor released, but to date he has a very hard time with running his mouth. Since we don't validate the invalid, we don't lend any credibility to his tantrums, and will continue to design and provide some really great helmets to the motorsports community.  For 2020 there are some pretty innovative changes and I look forward to them helping keep my friends safe :)

Straight from the horse's mouth,

James Wilson

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/19 12:03 p.m.

In reply to JamesWilson :

Your former employee Chris Taylor has their own issues and reputation. 

You've not hurt me personally. But your reputation regarding money over the years is not clean. I do have a black armor helmet I bought through one of your investors in 2016, and I was given lots of warning from friends before getting involved with anything to do with you that involved money. 

This is my firm warning to all of GRM before they do any business with you. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZTFp2NPqwnvUt6Pp1BNg39NyIDo3bFeiS7xkt83sRgVxpew8iUzux7eIWpwAbuJA