1 ... 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 ... 4722
Flight Service
Flight Service UltimaDork
4/11/13 10:23 a.m.

Savannah Cat. Largest domesticated cat. Roughly the height of a pit bull.

I want one but the wife says no.

Interesting tidbit, these cats have been trained to be service animals for kids with learning disabilities.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/11/13 11:45 a.m.
Flight Service wrote: Year of our Lord is a calender reference. Not a religious one. The first one is what the original post was talking about.

The "Lord" referred to is Jesus, right?. Jesus is a religious figure, correct? Therefore, this is a reference to religion.

This is what happens when people aren't happy enough posting fun and/or interesting photos in this thread and feel the need to put up political or religious posters instead. Just sucks the fun right out.

Now, can we get back to hotlinking actual pics?

One-sheet boat:

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/11/13 11:50 a.m.

In reply to slantvaliant:

I'll see your one-sheet and raise you a sheet. I've got one of these in the rafters of my parents' garage waiting for an appropriately-sized engine. Minimax.

Flight Service
4/11/13 12:27 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
Flight Service wrote: Year of our Lord is a calender reference. Not a religious one. The first one is what the original post was talking about.
The "Lord" referred to is Jesus, right?. Jesus is a religious figure, correct? Therefore, this is a reference to religion. This is what happens when people aren't happy enough posting fun and/or interesting photos in this thread and feel the need to put up political or religious posters instead. Just sucks the fun right out. Now, can we get back to hotlinking actual pics? One-sheet boat:

Actually it is the translation of Latin Anno Domini, and is the accepted non-latin reference to a calendar. We have Cesar references doesn't make it citizens of Rome. Sorry just because Lord was referenced does not make it religious. If we can get it widely accepted we could start the In the year of the Hotlink calender, but only GRM people would follow it.

In the end you have to have a time reference to something for a calendar.

Two sheet boat.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/13 12:27 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
The "Lord" referred to is Jesus, right?. Jesus is a religious figure, correct? Therefore, this is a reference to religion. This is what happens when people aren't happy enough posting fun and/or interesting photos in this thread and feel the need to put up political or religious posters instead. Just sucks the fun right out. Now, can we get back to hotlinking actual pics? One-sheet boat:

So every time you write the year (2013, with AD implied), it's a religious reference? (edit, slow to the party)

My dad used to talk about Sea Fleas, which I think is a regional name for these critters. And look at this, what could possibly go wrong?

http://muskokaseaflea.ca

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/13 12:34 p.m.

Posted for awesomeness.

Flight Service
4/11/13 12:40 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
slantvaliant wrote:
So every time you write the year (2013, with AD implied), it's a religious reference? (edit, slow to the party) My dad used to talk about Sea Fleas, which I think is a regional name for these critters. And look at this, what could possibly go wrong? http://muskokaseaflea.ca

Love the kneel hydros. Those things look like a riot.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/11/13 1:35 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
4/11/13 1:39 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Nice. But I'll take Rallye Vincent and her Cobra.
Why does her Mustang have the license plate from the Bluesmobile on it? (this is a replica that was in my shop for some service a few weeks ago)

Kenichi Sonoda has a thing for Chicago. Watch the Gunsmith Cats anime sometime. Much of the city is accurate. Recognize this, anyone?

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/11/13 1:42 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Two sheet boat.

monark192
monark192 HalfDork
4/11/13 1:50 p.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/11/13 1:51 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Actually it is the translation of Latin Anno Domini, and is the accepted non-latin reference to a calendar. We have Cesar references doesn't make it citizens of Rome. Sorry just because Lord was referenced does not make it religious.

It does, however, make it a reference to religion. Which proves my point: The statement that "The original Constitution ... had only one reference to religion ..." is in error. There are at least two references to religion. If they had said there was only one use of the word "religion", they'd have been correct.

I didn't say it was an endorsement, or that it made the Constitution a religious document or that it proved that the authors were particularly religious.

Note that the Constitution also was done in the year "... of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth." This is a reference to history.

Keith wrote: So every time you write the year (2013, with AD implied), it's a religious reference? (edit, slow to the party)

The cool kids use "CE" (Current Era) to avoid such religious associations. I do not.

Saying to someone "Et tu, Brute" can be seen as a reference to history, Julius Caesar, Shakespeare, etc. It's use does not make one Roman.

Today is Thursday. That word is based on some Norse religious figure, so it is a reference to religion. I use the word freely, but go to a different service.

So it goes ... Los Angeles, St. John's, San Antonio ... We're surrounded by references to religion, but we're free to chose.

Please, pics?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 HalfDork
4/11/13 1:54 p.m.

Flight Service
4/11/13 2:04 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote:
Flight Service wrote: Actually it is the translation of Latin Anno Domini, and is the accepted non-latin reference to a calendar. We have Cesar references doesn't make it citizens of Rome. Sorry just because Lord was referenced does not make it religious.
It does, however, make it a reference to religion. Which proves my point: The statement that "The original Constitution ... had only one reference to religion ..." is in error. There are at least two references to religion. If they had said there was only one use of the word "religion", they'd have been correct. I didn't say it was an endorsement, or that it made the Constitution a religious document or that it proved that the authors were particularly religious. Note that the Constitution also was done in the year "... of the Independence of the United States of America the Twelfth." This is a reference to history.
Keith wrote: So every time you write the year (2013, with AD implied), it's a religious reference? (edit, slow to the party)
The cool kids use "CE" (Current Era) to avoid such religious associations. I do not. Saying to someone "Et tu, Brute" can be seen as a reference to history, Julius Caesar, Shakespeare, etc. It's use does not make one Roman. Today is Thursday. That word is based on some Norse religious figure, so it is a reference to religion. I use the word freely, but go to a different service. So it goes ... Los Angeles, St. John's, San Antonio ... We're surrounded by references to religion, but we're free to chose. Please, pics?

Let agree to disagree, just like the 7 people in my shop disagree with you as does the OP.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
4/11/13 2:20 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
4/11/13 2:33 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Nice. But I'll take Rallye Vincent and her Cobra.
Why does her Mustang have the license plate from the Bluesmobile on it? (this is a replica that was in my shop for some service a few weeks ago)
Kenichi Sonoda has a thing for Chicago. Watch the Gunsmith Cats anime sometime. Much of the city is accurate. Recognize this, anyone?

The girls actually live in Chicago, don't they? But what I'm wondering is why Rally's shopping Mustang IIs.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/11/13 2:37 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Jesus is a religious figure, correct? Therefore, this is a reference to religion.

Jesus is also an Action Figure, therefore, this could be a referece to action!

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/11/13 2:41 p.m.

my garsh, that's Benny Hill

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/11/13 3:01 p.m.

Flight Service
4/11/13 4:49 p.m.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
4/11/13 5:35 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Savannah Cat. Largest domesticated cat. Roughly the height of a pit bull. I want one but the wife says no. Interesting tidbit, these cats have been trained to be service animals for kids with learning disabilities.

Holy crap that is cool!

Unrelated, six sheets of cardboard.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/11/13 6:15 p.m.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/11/13 6:19 p.m.

I would like to know the person who decided Savannah Cats are domesticated. They are wild MoFo's.

Get a Maine Coon.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
4/11/13 6:55 p.m.

Rally's Cobra gets blown up in Gunsmith Cats Burst. But yeah, Mustang II is weak.

mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
4/11/13 7:43 p.m.

1 ... 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 ... 4722

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Hv9mSxTKqJFGYocXM8OhUnt5cICGureCCWj814YTDk9ka6LdVaCcubi63ZjGBXKj