N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/31/14 10:13 p.m.
Rufledt wrote:

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
3/31/14 10:46 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: Really cool racetrack comparison http://i.imgur.com/VKSZ982.png (incase pic doesn't work)
There has to be a poster of that somewhere for me to buy and hang in my garage. BUT WHERE!

I like using the IOM TT course as the perimeter but including Port Imperial is just a waste of space.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
3/31/14 11:11 p.m.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/1/14 7:31 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: Really cool racetrack comparison http://i.imgur.com/VKSZ982.png (incase pic doesn't work)
There has to be a poster of that somewhere for me to buy and hang in my garage. BUT WHERE!
I like using the IOM TT course as the perimeter but including Port Imperial is just a waste of space.

I recognize Daytona, VIR Grand East, Pocono, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Road Atlanta, what I assume is Indy, and again, I assume that Watkins Glen is on there (I just don't know the course well enough to spot it … maybe it's the one right above Pocono/VIR ? )

plus, what is the one (on the left side) that doesn't connect with itself (some kind of point to point event ?)

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
4/1/14 8:07 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:
I recognize Daytona, VIR Grand East, Pocono, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Road Atlanta, what I assume is Indy, and again, I assume that Watkins Glen is on there (I just don't know the course well enough to spot it … maybe it's the one right above Pocono/VIR ? ) plus, what is the one (on the left side) that doesn't connect with itself (some kind of point to point event ?)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/1/14 8:19 a.m.

edizzle89
edizzle89 New Reader
4/1/14 8:32 a.m.

i bet one of all the nascar tracks would we really cool.............

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/1/14 8:57 a.m.

to a degree, the all look alike

other than the road courses and Pocono, how many are substantially different from each other ?

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
4/1/14 9:07 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
mazdeuce wrote:

According to the legend, the perimeter is the Snaefell Mountain Course. Is that the Isle of Man?

Also, I assume that these are supposed to be at the same relative scale, but maybe I'm wrong. If they're not, it loses a lot of coll factor.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
4/1/14 10:22 a.m.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/1/14 10:23 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
4/1/14 11:59 a.m.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/14 12:08 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Really cool racetrack comparison Here Race track poster http://i.imgur.com/VKSZ982.png (incase pic doesn't work)

Race Track Poster For Sale Here

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
4/1/14 2:32 p.m.

Holy preload!!

photo 20140401_101509_zpshsnyx0ug.jpg

stroker
stroker Dork
4/1/14 2:36 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: and I thought I had too much time on my hands. Although I have always contended a motorcycle style engine cylinder and cylinder heads make this very doable.

What IS that?

fanfoy
fanfoy HalfDork
4/1/14 4:26 p.m.
stroker wrote:
Flight Service wrote: and I thought I had too much time on my hands. Although I have always contended a motorcycle style engine cylinder and cylinder heads make this very doable.
What IS that?

V4 two-stroke diesel aircraft engine. Mostly popular in pushers (that's where I've seen it, anyways)

Unrelated

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/1/14 5:17 p.m.
fanfoy wrote:
stroker wrote:
What IS that?
V4 two-stroke diesel aircraft engine. Mostly popular in pushers (that's where I've seen it, anyways) Unrelated

DeltaHawk

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/1/14 5:17 p.m.

Because redhead plus subaru engine swap = cute facebook photos

2.0dohc
2.0dohc Reader
4/1/14 6:17 p.m.
edizzle89 wrote:
i bet one of all the nascar tracks would we really cool.............

Just kidding

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
4/1/14 7:04 p.m.
wbjones wrote: other than the road courses and Pocono, how many are substantially different from each other ?

Well there are the cookie cutter tracks like Auto Club, Michigan, Las Vegas, and Kentucky which are so berkeleying boring.

Then there is the other cookie cutter tracks like Charlotte, Atlanta, and Texas which are a little better.

Mind you, these tracks do NOT all drive the same, the surfaces are different Charlotte and Atlanta drive alot different despite having the same banking.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UberDork
4/1/14 7:13 p.m.

Then there are the one off tracks that are unique as Pocono.

Phoenix with its weird "dogleg"(in between 2 & 3) that you can cut which makes turn 3 sketchy almost every lap.

Darlington, another non-symmetrical track that tends to lead to berkeley ups.

Martinsville, the paperclip.

Bristol, the small "stadium" track.

Yeah they are all circle tracks but not all the same. Even the sister tracks drive different. With that said, the road course poster is waaaaaaaaaay cooler.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/1/14 7:16 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
wbjones wrote: other than the road courses and Pocono, how many are substantially different from each other ?
Well there are the cookie cutter tracks like Auto Club, Michigan, Las Vegas, and Kentucky which are so berkeleying boring. Then there is the other cookie cutter tracks like Charlotte, Atlanta, and Texas which are a little better. Mind you, these tracks do NOT all drive the same, the surfaces are different Charlotte and Atlanta drive alot different despite having the same banking.

I realize that they don't drive the same … but mostly they're ovals or tri-ovals, whether they're 1/2mi., 3/4mi., 1mi., 1 1/2mi., …..etc….

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/1/14 9:58 p.m.

1 ... 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 ... 4728

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pf3wDo0LJ2vswbVf3jvHMuIauBGx5iBgG5U7ENBRNq6oLLz0TsC0ZluS01S2IKop