1 ... 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 ... 4728
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/12/20 8:07 a.m.

imgon
imgon HalfDork
4/12/20 8:11 a.m.

Happy Easter morning from Plymouth MA.  Our family wishes all the GRM family good health and hope everyone can connect somehow with those they love today. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/20 9:03 a.m.
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

You had me until the poser wheels.  Real offroaders have steel wheels, probably with beadlocks.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
4/12/20 10:03 a.m.

Ransom (Forum Supporter)
Ransom (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/12/20 12:30 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

You had me until the poser wheels.  Real offroaders have steel wheels, probably with beadlocks.

I'm just really, really done with unnecessary hostility, let alone any so unimaginative as to just go with "Hostile."

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/20 12:59 p.m.
Ransom (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm just really, really done with unnecessary hostility, let alone any so unimaginative as to just go with "Hostile."

I haven't confirmed this, but have read about a Japanese sports drink called Sweat.

These were in the crawl space under my house. Found them this week. 13 inch.

Ransom (Forum Supporter)
Ransom (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/12/20 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

It's a thing. Pocari Sweat. In vending machines all over Tokyo (and probably beyond).

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/12/20 2:19 p.m.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/12/20 3:59 p.m.

4/12/20 4:14 p.m.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/20 4:21 p.m.

Oops..posted in wrong thread originally.

My daughter making use of an old GRM shirt.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/12/20 4:26 p.m.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
4/12/20 5:19 p.m.

Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap)
Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap) PowerDork
4/12/20 5:34 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

I took these yesterday for the Driveway Cars & Coffee and realized that I had not mentioned this purchase here yet.

That's Hot.  (Where's your coffee mug?)

Pic unrelated.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
4/12/20 7:22 p.m.

Picture taken by my father. Vineland Speedway RRDC Advanced Drivers Clinic (1963?). Bob Holbert in car, under age Al Holbert in jeans, Unk Nown in red shirt.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/12/20 7:24 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap) :

Those were the ones \i took, got back in the car and realized I had forgotten the mug.  Here is what I submitted:

Thanks, have had it since November and when I walk outside still can't believe my wife OK'ed it.  We didn't need it but man it was just about perfect.  In fact she comandeered it as her DD.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/12/20 7:46 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

That's a great pic. I recently finished a two volume treatise on Briggs Cunningham, and now I'm reading a book by Michael Argetsinger about Walt Hansgen and the "History of Post War American Road Racing." Bob Holbert is mentioned often in both. Bob was a great racer in the late fifties and early sixties in the US. I saw son Al race at Lime Rock IMSA races in the seventies. We have a really great heritage of road racing here in the US, going back to the ARCA and the Collier brothers (Sam and Miles) in the early thirties

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/12/20 8:09 p.m.

"The Eliminator"

Santa Barbara:

Pomona:

More recently:

Brock Yates was the custodian of this great automotive artifact for awhile, and wrote a book about it. I just bought the book. I'll let you know. (Pic: Laguna Seca, late nineties best guess, Brock with his new/recent acquisition, my best guess).

(It's a long, hot walk up and over that hill behind Brock to get to the "Corkscrew." I've done it).

4/13/20 6:52 a.m.

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter)
Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/20 7:41 a.m.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/20 8:03 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

Damn, I've had this idea kicking around in the back of my nogging for a decade or better.  In another life, the fab shop I worked at had a mobile sand blasting setup, that's compressor was powered by a 6 cylinder Deutz, Good Lord was that thing loud!  I still come across them regularly nowadays, since several of our research farms use 4 cylinder versions to power their irrigation pumps, John Deere power units and 4BTs are more common, but there are a lot of Deutz too.

Every time I see one, I think it'd be bad ass on a "rat rod."

Saw this at Motorama in Harrisburg earlier this year. 

Air cooled, quad-turbo, v12 duetz diesel. Driven 60 miles to the show. No trailering. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/13/20 8:23 a.m.

Pretty rare critter.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/13/20 8:26 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/13/20 8:29 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork