1 2 3
KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/28/24 12:08 a.m.

Also, it runs a Winston Cup Buick 4.5 liter V-6 that puts down 450 hp.  Effing rowdy machine!!  Absolute unit of a car and driver!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/24 9:28 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

Also, it runs a Winston Cup Buick 4.5 liter V-6 that puts down 450 hp.  Effing rowdy machine!!  Absolute unit of a car and driver!

Busch Grand National.  Winston Cup was the top class with the V8s.

The Buick Grand National got its name for a reason smiley

nlevine
nlevine GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/28/24 10:34 a.m.

Dwarfed by modern econoboxes...

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/28/24 11:07 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

This car didn't come from NeOhio by any chance? There used to be an EMod Buick powered Europa out here, wonder if it's the same car.

Also, evidence of human inside Europa:

No clue how tall he is, but he looks pretty jammed on there

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/24 11:16 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

I'm 5'6", but it seemed like getting in/out of the Europa was at least slightly more graceful than it was in my C4 Vette. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
9/28/24 11:20 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

I'm 5'9" and maybe a little heavier than I should be at 200 lbs.  I found our C4 to be perfectly easy.  My NA Miata is more challenging.

The Europa was just ridiculous.  Like a 3/4 scale car.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
9/28/24 11:23 a.m.

I'm 5-10 and drove an S2 Europa at an autocross back in 1972, with a helmet.  It was tight, but it really happened, It had slicks, so it was an amazing experience back in the day.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/28/24 11:34 a.m.

There was a teacher at my high school who bought a new Europa back in 1973.  I'm from a small rural farming community in the Midwest where people drove Chevy Impalas or pickup trucks so he may as well have bought a spaceship, no one there had ever seen anything like it.  He was only about 5'-7" so he fit in it okay.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
9/28/24 2:16 p.m.

By contrast, many don't realize just how big WWII Jeeps were.  Their size and the sheer number Honda was able to produce, despite the gasoline shortages of the 1920s and being outnumbered nearly 100 to 1, explains why the Spanish were able to easily defeat the Roman Hordes during the Clone War of 1812.

Picture unrelated.

Flynlow
Flynlow Dork
9/29/24 9:16 p.m.
Apis Mellifera said:

By contrast, many don't realize just how big WWII Jeeps were.  Their size and the sheer number Honda was able to produce, despite the gasoline shortages of the 1920s and being outnumbered nearly 100 to 1, explains why the Spanish were able to easily defeat the Roman Hordes during the Clone War of 1812.

ChatGPT level response!  Well done! :P

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
9/29/24 10:15 p.m.

Had a picture but can't find it now.

Did a short trip with the Classic Car Adventures folks.

I took a 1956 Continental MkII. Another guy I know drove his Mini (allies, not axis).

I made a point to find his car in the lot and park next to it. 

You could probably fit two Minis in the same spot.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/30/24 6:38 a.m.

On my way to pick up a bike last week I stopped at the bank and parked the Spark on the road. Pulling an 8' trailer with an extended tongue I was able to just fit inside those white painted lines on the road that indicate a parking space. I wish I'd taken a picture. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lmFH4H2SPW8SLPUigfNuNSqD9HYSS93CNq98hb8pCt24oEgafR9q5kiIUdoOiJbx