Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/24 1:41 p.m.

Does anyone have any experience with CargoMails.org?  They have my used Miata parts that I ordered on hold.  I have sent them an email today.  The website has no phone number. Who are these people?  And the tracking number I am given does not work on the USPS site.   The tracking number is 099099206

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
10/4/24 2:00 p.m.

I'd be careful, some quick internet sleuthing has led me to believe that CargoMails.org is potentially a scam–or at least not very trustworthy.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/24 3:01 p.m.

Who actually shipped something to you?  Reach out to them for the real tracking number. 

Unless the Vendor you bought from said "CargoMails.org" is our shipper and your tracking number is "099099206" I doubt they actually have your package at all.  

They probably scrapped a tiny bit of information from whomever your vendors email is and are busy trying to convince you to pay them.  They probably don't have your package and it will probably show up in the next few days.

Noddaz
10/4/24 4:21 p.m.

Thank you.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
10/4/24 5:10 p.m.

it says the weight is Zero ,  I smell a scam.....

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/4/24 5:20 p.m.

It says "urgent insurance fee needed."  I smell a scam....

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/24 6:22 p.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2 :

Yeah, between the urgency (always typical for a scam) and the fact that it's usually the sender who pays the insurance fee, it definitely smells like scam, scam, wonderful scam...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/4/24 6:29 p.m.

I have been getting a lot of texts about how my delivery is being held at the post office and I need to go to this link to resolve.

With all the Amazon inspired shipping going on these days it probably a good assumption a large percentage of the population has something being delivered, which makes it ripe for a mass phishing scam.

I would be very curious as to how they got the description of the part though (assuming that is correct).

Jesse2004MazdaspeedMiata
Jesse2004MazdaspeedMiata New Reader
10/4/24 6:42 p.m.

As an official USPS Letter Carrier in Minnesota you are being scammed. We do NOT use this company, I've never heard of them. Plus, the only time I've heard others refer to themselves as mailman it's usually spoken in a slow, stupid voice as if we're all knuckle dragging idiots. Updated by mailman made me laugh, hope you didn't enter any credit card or banking information, if so immediately drop what you're doing and contact that back or card and check on recent transactions.

Noddaz
10/6/24 7:50 a.m.

Thank you all.

I just want my parts.   *sigh*

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZNG5c0d0GJFiyyMRfIdO5b4pjyaWeHa5SYY4J7keY9clUcuQn1MQVoqvMJ2MIXxv