1 ... 8 9 10 11 12
nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
7/26/12 9:52 p.m.

I like the waffle fries, never had a sandwich there that I liked. Every Bojangles I've been in has been so disgusting I've never even ordered the food. Really I very rarely eat fast food chicken.

The views of whoever is in charge of the company, where they spend there profits or who they may endorse has zero bearing on whether or not I eat there.

curtis73
curtis73 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/12 2:07 a.m.

Haven't read the whole thing, but I have this to add:

Where I vacation, there is a big plan to mine Uranium. The resulting fallout could render as many as 5000+ lakes on otherwise pristine, untouched government land to become contaminated - thereby destroying their only real source of income which is tourism.

Instead of fighting the system, the local municipalities went to work "re-evaluating" the bridges and roads and imposed a 5-ton limit on any of the roads and bridges that would lead to the mining site. When the drilling company said they would gladly pay the fines, the township raised the fine from $150 to $15,000 per incident.

Drilling commenced and after three days it stopped.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/27/12 7:33 a.m.

In reply to curtis73:

Love it. No need to read all 10 pages. Its about what you would expect.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
7/27/12 9:56 a.m.

My wife tells me she doesn't care what the CFA owners think. We aren't giving up CFA.

I live in Alabama. I probably already eat at lots of restaurants owned by people that are equally bigoted or worse - various racists, anti-semites, misgynists, etc. They just don't get interviewed.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/27/12 10:01 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
Datsun1500 wrote: While we are blasting them, why are the chick fil a cows white? They couldn't find a qualified fake black cow? Please. Racist AND homophobic.
THAT is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things I've ever heard. They are ALL black AND white. Many of them are nearly 50/50%. Good grief.

Not sure if serious......

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
7/27/12 11:33 a.m.

http://www.towleroad.com/2012/07/chick-fil-a-busted-using-fake-facebook-persona-to-do-damage-control.html

LOL!!!!!!

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
7/27/12 11:55 a.m.

and and

Hope that covers the bases that this is posted to be a funny more than serious or flounder bait.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 12:09 p.m.

AAAAHAHAHA! Awesome. Not to mention the keyboard you're typing on that was made by an 8 year-old chinese girl sitting on a cardboard box making 10 cents a day.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/12 12:50 p.m.
z31maniac wrote:
SVreX wrote:
Datsun1500 wrote: While we are blasting them, why are the chick fil a cows white? They couldn't find a qualified fake black cow? Please. Racist AND homophobic.
THAT is one of the most ridiculous and absurd things I've ever heard. They are ALL black AND white. Many of them are nearly 50/50%. Good grief.
Not sure if serious......

Is somebody having trouble with their colors?

Black cow:

White cow:

Chick Fil A cow:

And another Chick Fil A cow:

Any questions?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/27/12 1:09 p.m.

I'm pretty confident Datsun1500 was kidding when he wrote this.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/27/12 1:29 p.m.

SvRex:

Someone having trouble with their sense of humor? Probably the lack thereof.

Lighten up, stress is a killer.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/12 3:58 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

Ever seen a lynching?

Didn't think so.

There is NOTHING funny about accusing someone of being a racist and a homophobe.

Regardless of what you think of their chicken.

The comment was unnecessary. Don't defend it.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/27/12 4:01 p.m.
SVreX wrote: In reply to z31maniac: Ever seen a lynching? Didn't think so. There is NOTHING funny about accusing someone of being a racist and a homophobe. Regardless of what you think of their chicken. The comment was unnecessary. Don't defend it.

He was JOKING, for love of righteous indignation.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/12 4:03 p.m.

It ain't funny.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/27/12 4:07 p.m.
SVreX wrote: It ain't funny.

I found it quite funny. I wonder if he has any more? I could use another couple laughs.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/27/12 4:11 p.m.

What the berkeley?

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 4:12 p.m.

Racist.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/27/12 4:13 p.m.

I'm SHOCKED that we disagree.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
7/27/12 4:14 p.m.

"I think someone really needs to take a chill pill girl friend"

Bobzilla
Bobzilla SuperDork
7/27/12 4:47 p.m.
aircooled wrote: "I think someone really needs to take a chill pill girl friend"

Mmmmm Hmmmmm.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/27/12 7:12 p.m.
SVreX wrote: There is NOTHING funny about accusing someone of being a racist and a homophobe.

What if you're accusing a clown?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/27/12 8:28 p.m.

If you are cravin' some Chic-Fil-A but you don't want to give them funding to support their agenda, roll your own!

Copycat recipe

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/27/12 9:33 p.m.

I no longer live near any Chic-Fil-A's. I don't agree with the dudes thinking or beliefs but I'll damn sure defend his right to have an opinion and voice it. He can think what he wants. If his company actually discriminates based against employees based on his beliefs that's something else, but as far as I have seen that isn't the case. I'm sure there will be some cases that are brought to light now that this in news.

Rahm Emanuel is an idiot plain and simple. The people of Chicago should be ashamed for electing him to serve them. People are free to be offended if they don't like mr Chic's viewpoint and they can certainly boycott his stores. That's all and well and how it should be. For the government to block a permit based on not liking someone's personal beliefs is idiotic and illegal. Also, it is scary that the people of Chicago let E36 M3 like this happen without demanding their idiot Mayor resign or at least retract his statement.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/27/12 10:28 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: But a 10 page thread calling the owner of chick fil a a a bigot is fine, ok. Now I know the rules.

You sure didn't hear me say that.

But it does beg the question...Why is it so necessary to call him names at all? Why not just answer the OP's original question and state the facts, that the Mayor of Boston is out of line.

Oh yeah... I forgot. He's a Christian who stands on his beliefs. That makes him a perfectly opportune target for any vile name calling and inflammatory accusation. How could I be so foolish?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
7/27/12 10:32 p.m.
SVreX wrote: How could I be so foolish?

Well, it's obvious you can't take a joke.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
XUONW09JqqwJi8dbjbU7iLGipMsz1mpPhP3G6wbaQpRBgbvax94lHWyw5hAOqxhn