1 2 3 4 5
donalson
donalson PowerDork
12/26/13 10:51 a.m.

I got the pleasure of assembling a 14" trampoline complete with nanny state net for my kids the night before... but they love the thing :)...

the only "big" thing I got was from my mother-in-law was some italian love for my 30 year old Trek

...these are going to replace my late 90's ultegra STI shifters that are startting to get a bit gummed up and need new hoods (which are non existent... thank you shimano for planned obsolesce)

should play nicely with my shimano/sram mixed 9 speed bike :)... shimergo here I come

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Reader
12/26/13 1:25 p.m.

Cash mostly, some nice clothes and some nice carhart gloves, and the thing I'm most excited about a sega genesis console with games on it and ability to play cartridges! Now I have to go find mutant league football and earthworm Jim.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
12/26/13 2:10 p.m.

I got a nice shop vac from Future Wife, a nice collection of unibits from my pops, and GT6 from dear old me.

My niece and nephews were nice enough to share the flu with me, too.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 2:26 p.m.
Got a new grill

Ya know, I don't know how the hell I could've been any more obvious with the "hint" dropping. "Hey, remember when you broke my grill? I could sure use another one. Christmas is coming. Hint-hint." and "WOW, can you believe this unseasonably good weather??? Perfect grilling weather! If only we had a berkeleying grill, but you broke my perfectly good one."

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
12/26/13 2:50 p.m.

I'm guessing you didn't get a grill

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 New Reader
12/26/13 3:08 p.m.

Highlights were some nice trail socks from mom and my art-major brother drew and framed a sweet picture of my 924. I'm happy

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
12/26/13 3:24 p.m.

I got the new Zelda game that I've been waiting like a decade for, a new soldering station, and a dead Tek 2335 oscilloscope.

My godkids bought me a fully auto Nerf gun. I've already taken it apart so I can mod it. That bright blue has got to go!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/26/13 3:24 p.m.

for me: winter running apparel.

for the wife: gift certificates for local department store.

for the kids (yeah right): air hocket table that's too big to make the turn at the top of the basement stairs, so is currently in the living room. ;-)

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
12/26/13 4:13 p.m.

I got some various cosmetic items for an upcoming trip, Downton Abbey seasons 1-3 on dvd, Dark Knight Rises, cash, a new watch (Casio F-91W ftw) and some other things that are escaping me right now.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 7:00 p.m.
wbjones wrote: I'm guessing you didn't get a grill

CORRECTAberkeleyINMUNDO! I think I've made that passage into "cheesy dad-gift-hood." Coffee maker. "Fogless shaving mirror" and socks. All of which I appreciated. And I appreciated watching my girls open their AWESOME gifts even more

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/26/13 7:06 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
CORRECTAberkeleyINMUNDO! I think I've made that passage into "cheesy dad-gift-hood." Coffee maker. "Fogless shaving mirror" and socks. All of which I appreciated. And I appreciated watching my girls open their AWESOME gifts even more

Never look a gift ukulele in the mouth . Welcome to the cheesy dad Christmas club.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/26/13 7:11 p.m.

Got a gift card from the kiddo (that's a big deal, it's the first year she has bought Christmas with her own money!), some cash from Mom, cards from my brothers. The cash will finish off the Jensenator's boostified swap.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/26/13 7:26 p.m.

My daughter took up knitting awhile back, a few years ago I sent her a pattern for something to knit me. This year she finished, best christmas present ever. Embarrassing the wife wearing this thing everywhere.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
12/26/13 7:29 p.m.

BRAINIAC!

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
12/26/13 8:00 p.m.

I got a snow broom, a multitool, some towels and a Mustang calendar from the folks.

Technically, SWMBO and I each buy for ourselves, and those are the gifts we give since she's horrible at taking hints.

I got a cool quadrotor air hogs chopper from her, but its already out of service.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/26/13 8:03 p.m.

still waiting to exchange presents with my sister's family.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 8:24 p.m.
TRoglodyte wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Never look a gift ukulele in the mouth . Welcome to the cheesy dad Christmas club.

The uke: NOT_CHEEZY. That one was from my rad MIL.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 8:25 p.m.
JThw8 wrote: My daughter took up knitting awhile back, a few years ago I sent her a pattern for something to knit me. This year she finished, best christmas present ever. Embarrassing the wife wearing this thing everywhere.

AWESOME!!!

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
12/26/13 8:48 p.m.

Almost forgot, "we" got a gift card to lowe's and one to olive garden. And I have a yet to arrive gift from SWMBO. Shipping is taking longer than expected #thanksobama

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/26/13 8:57 p.m.

I got a remote control helicopter. Apparently pretty durable.

Also, my FIL gave me a beaver skin hat and a goat skin jacket. That was kind of odd, but cool...

EDIT: Oh, yea. And a really nice USN MK3 Knife.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/26/13 9:07 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: EDIT: Oh, yea. And a really nice USN MK3 Knife.

I have had one of those for something like 20 years...holy carp has it really been that long?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/26/13 9:12 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

Since I was 17. Nice.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/26/13 9:22 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
JThw8 wrote: My daughter took up knitting awhile back, a few years ago I sent her a pattern for something to knit me. This year she finished, best christmas present ever. Embarrassing the wife wearing this thing everywhere.
AWESOME!!!

The original pattern did not have the "blood" she added it at my request, I think it really makes it

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/26/13 10:54 p.m.

Dude. Jim. My wife knits like crazy. PLEASE share that pattern with me. Thanks!

On the Santa front, Mrs. Claus surprised me with a GoPro Hero3 Silver. I am beyond psyched. I need a roll bar mount and a suction cup and I am good to go. Oh, and a couple fast microSD cards. But the iPhone app works great with it!

Also got GT6, but I knew that was coming. Got to surprise Mrs. Claus with a new Ratchet & Clank game she didn't know about, and a fee other good items, but she wins this year hands down for GoProing me.

Rix86
Rix86 New Reader
12/26/13 11:21 p.m.

Socks, a shirt, battlefield 4, an ortgies .32, kahr cw380, and a 20" gov profile a3 upper. And some sort of stomach bug.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3IFPtjOfWMb1IKyBZUImY4VsmWB8RBkvyETEeDFSq6KQWO3vrJNPzS6jbw3rAkH5