mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
3/19/09 6:34 p.m.

DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. -- It's supposed to be a place to bring your family.

But at a Dauphin County Chuck E. Cheese, police have been coming to break up fights.

Five women and a minor were arrested over the weekend after they were involved in a fight.

It's not the first time police were called to the restaurant; to the point where the corporation which owns the restaurant, and 540 others across the country, may be adding security guards to help keep the peace.

A customer caught the latest fight while videotaping inside the Chuck E. Cheese off Union Deposit Road. The video was even posted on YouTube.

The video shows the altercation between the five women and juvenile. One of the women arrested is pregnant.

It's not clear what sparked the brawl, but it was quickly broken up by others in the restaurant.

This incident marks the 12th time in the last year Susquehanna Township police have been called to the Chuck E. Cheese for disorderly conduct.

Some customers said they are concerned.

"It surprises me to an extent that it's happening at a place where younger kids come," said Lisa Tosheff.

Lisa Tosheff and Denise Perloski have been bringing their children to Chuck E. Cheese for birthdays and other events for the last 12 years. They said they had never seen any problems during that time.

"When you think of Chuck E. Cheese you think your kids would be safe and you would be safe," said Perloski.

But 12 fights this past year and 18 the year before, that doesn't shock them.

"Of course, the way things are, you know, there's all kinds of problems in school. More problems now all around," said Perloski.

A corporate spokesman for Chuck E. Cheese said they are concerned about the bad behavior, but add that it involved only a fraction of the 85 million customers served last year.

One family at the restaurant said they won't be discouraged from bring their kids because of a few unruly adults.

"It's not a bad place," said Susan Owens. "You just have to be careful, but you have to be careful anyplace."

There have been fights reported at the Chuck E. Cheese in Manheim Township, but an officer told News 8 there are no more fights than any other restaurant in that area.

The corporation which operates the restaurants told News 8 they do have security guards in some of their locations and will soon decide if they want to add security at this restaurant to help discourage bad behavior.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
3/19/09 7:00 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=chuck+e+cheese+fight&aq=0&oq=chuck+e+ch

there is more than 1 on youtube....

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
3/19/09 8:41 p.m.

God, that's right where I used to live. I know where that one is! Friggin' hicks.

jrw1621
jrw1621 HalfDork
3/19/09 8:49 p.m.

I figure this is all domestic disputes.
Add too much family around a child's birthday. Mix in an unwelcome parent (and or likely ex-spouse) and the attempt to display love and affection turns into a competition that ends in violence.

Aint love a splendid thing?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
3/19/09 8:52 p.m.

They serve beer at chuck e cheese?

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
3/19/09 9:07 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: They serve beer at chuck e cheese?

They do around here.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
3/19/09 9:29 p.m.

We went to one about two week ago. Nothing other than some milf's and my kid to watch. How much do you have to pay to see a fight?

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/19/09 9:44 p.m.

I'd have expected that at Wall E. Weasel's, but not here.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
3/19/09 10:45 p.m.

Chuck-E-Cheese: Where you can eat pizza and get molested!

When I was younger:

I was one of the little bastards that would punch Chuck-E when his back was turned.

Fast forward 20 years, talking to my wife's friend. She was the one in the Chuck-E suit when I was the little jackass. Same location no less.

At least I manned up and apologised for punching her.

Shawn

924guy
924guy HalfDork
3/20/09 6:39 a.m.

where kids can be kids and parents can kick the E36 M3 out of each other.... I wonder if any of them were beaming those little balls from the dive tank at each other??

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
3/20/09 7:49 a.m.

Ahh...Chuck E. Cheese....a kid I was friends with in 5th grade pullled a knife on a kid there....ahh, memories.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
3/20/09 8:01 a.m.

I've actually never been to a Chuck E. Cheese. My wife refuses to take me, as she feels that I will likely embarrass her. She's right.

Duke
Duke Dork
3/20/09 8:09 a.m.
porksboy wrote:
MrJoshua wrote: They serve beer at chuck e cheese?
They do around here.

And not only that, but at the one around here, they never used to card, either. Chuck E. Cheese is where we used to go in high school when we wanted to drink. It made for some interesting Friday nights, and probably has a bit to do with what I am like today.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
3/20/09 9:50 a.m.

The ones down here serve beer too. It's about the only way a guy can keep his cool around a bunch of screaming kids.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
3/20/09 7:44 p.m.

I used to take my daughter so she could have fun and I could watch the MILFs...

The fun has spread to Lancaster as well...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2YT54wCn8XtdfJ6Z1kqKNLEKdG1xtMkXjsMQcPYbIYGO3c3oFsVVtPkR1A1NLzXS