1 2
92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
8/1/11 5:47 p.m.
gamby wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Wasn't sure if anyone here would like that or not... It's a little too stance-y/stretched tire for me... but i love everything else about it.
I'll freely admit that I dig the stance aesthetic. I have no desire to do it to a car of mine, but I like looking at it. That car looks fantastic.

+1. I'll look at it all day, but i would duplicate the car save for some proper offset wheels and some 225/45-15 meats.

alex
alex SuperDork
8/1/11 6:26 p.m.
Keith wrote: I've always felt the Pit Crew nose looks too droopy. But you know what they say about opinions.

Agreed, 100%.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
8/2/11 3:43 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:

^^Is that the Pit Crew kit?

I love that front-end, droopy and all. Were it mine, I'd go for the whole-hog "vintage" look, with steel wheels and smaller/more delicate looking mirrors. Probably in BRG, or maybe Gulf blue.

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/2/11 6:10 a.m.

^Yep that's the Pit Crew, also seems to have some Garage Vary rear lights/panel going on.

It's all the cool vintage-style stuff that made me want to get an NA. That didn't work out so well.

I'd probably go more "vintage-resto-rod" look with it, but i love the front end as well.

Ottawa
Ottawa GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/2/11 6:59 a.m.
Luke said: smaller/more delicate looking mirrors

Consider the Porsche 356 mirrors, I think they look great on a NA:

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
8/2/11 7:12 a.m.

MEV's new MEVX5

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
8/2/11 7:13 a.m.

And

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson HalfDork
8/2/11 7:15 a.m.

And finaly

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
8/2/11 7:15 a.m.

Details http://www.mevltd.co.uk/

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
8/2/11 10:40 a.m.
Luke wrote: ^^Is that the Pit Crew kit? I love that front-end, droopy and all. Were it mine, I'd go for the whole-hog "vintage" look, with steel wheels and smaller/more delicate looking mirrors. Probably in BRG, or maybe Gulf blue.

I'd be worried that it might not be legal. Headlights are required to be a certain minimum distance from the ground. Those are really low and might not qualify.

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/2/11 10:55 a.m.
Salanis wrote:
Luke wrote: ^^Is that the Pit Crew kit? I love that front-end, droopy and all. Were it mine, I'd go for the whole-hog "vintage" look, with steel wheels and smaller/more delicate looking mirrors. Probably in BRG, or maybe Gulf blue.
I'd be worried that it might not be legal. Headlights are required to be a certain minimum distance from the ground. Those are really low and might not qualify.

Depends on the state, but maybe. I don't think they're much lower than the lights on my MX6, actually.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/2/11 7:23 p.m.
Salanis wrote:

The only one I remember is CA, which requires 22" from ground to the center of the headlight. I have no idea what RI is--too old to roll that low these days.

92CelicaHalfTrac
8/3/11 4:58 p.m.

Pit Crew at the Dragon!!! (I KNEW i should have gone to Miatas at the Gap.)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/3/11 6:01 p.m.

I love the Blue Potato, one of my favorite Pitcrew conversions.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CkAT4sFF0SlOfDVCTu79lqdT2mPlobOra84T8D36T34nh9wZK3SnCvizI78Y8BPX