1 2 3
Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/18/11 7:00 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: If this is a serious question, remember that your kid is going to have to live with whatever goofy name you give them for the rest of their life.

Only for 18 years.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
3/18/11 8:15 p.m.

Haha!

My wife actually LOVED Aston for a boy. I told her the middle name had to be Martin. Aston Martin Hamilton... Kind of a noble sound to it don't ya think?

You guys are coming up with some creative ones though...

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
3/18/11 8:36 p.m.

My non car guy buddy named his first born Dash and his second son which is his fourth kid, Cooper.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/18/11 8:37 p.m.

Enzo?

Dino?

Brooks?

Briggs?

Senna?

Brock?

Redman?

dmyntti
dmyntti New Reader
3/18/11 8:42 p.m.

My grandaughter is named Avalon, this is better than my Gandsons name he is named Brick.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar HalfDork
3/18/11 8:42 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Shelby, axle, carly, carla, porsche, etc...

A decade or so ago there was a little girl named Shelby Dakota. Yes her father named her after his truck. She had a website when she was 10 and explained that. If I'm right, she's probably 21-22 years old now. I wonder if she changed her name?

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
3/18/11 8:43 p.m.

imirk, no divorce, the wedding is next week. And with everything going into this wedding, I never want to get married a second time.

Keith, my father's name is John, and I will NOT do that to a kid.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
3/18/11 8:44 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: If we had had a girl instead, her middle name was going to be Elise. My wife was okay with that, even after she asked, "Wait, isn't that a Lotus?".

My sister's middle name is Elise. In the unlikely event I find a lady willing to procreate with me Elise is a top contender for a girl's name.

Another of my sisters has a friend of a friend who named his daughter Camera. He's not a shutterbug nor is he Latino- he named her after his Camaro. Camaro was going to be her name if she was a boy. Poor girl is going to get bullied like crazy when she is school aged.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/18/11 8:53 p.m.
slefain wrote: My buddy named one of his daughters Brittany (a Ford blue color) and his son Gregory Taylor (G.T. for short). Yeah, he's a Ford nut. On the flip side, naming your daughter Lexus, Mercedes, or Porsche almost guarantees that those dance lessons will be applied in her future career...

now my monitor and keyboard need a cleaning....

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
3/18/11 9:04 p.m.

guy I know named his daughter Elise, cause thats as close as his wife will let him get to one.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/18/11 9:43 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: What works well with Smith? SWMBO has already said no Stig.

Per named his kid Stig Kilmer Schroeder

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/11 8:13 a.m.

Yeah, but Per's brother is named Thor. Names of awesomeness run in the family.

What's funny is how many of the names suggested here are people names that got put on cars. Enzo, Dino, Mercedes (as has been pointed out), Elise (sorta)...

My girlfriend in high school was called Susan. Her dad wanted a boy, and was apparently a fan of Johnny Cash. Thus, Sue.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
3/19/11 9:11 a.m.

Enzo, Dino, Ferdnand (Porsche), were all contenders. LOL

I had a friend in high school who's name was Brian Redman. His dad is a huge Porsche nut. LOL

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/19/11 12:01 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: If this is a serious question, remember that your kid is going to have to live with whatever goofy name you give them for the rest of their life.

Yep--always strikes me as an exercise in parental ego masturbation and merits a

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
3/19/11 1:08 p.m.

My wife keeps coming up with names and when one happens to be something car related, I chime in, but then turns it down when I explain te car significance. The latest was Vincenzo, but she likes the short name Enzo.

I haven't said anything yet.

alex
alex SuperDork
3/19/11 1:28 p.m.

My last name's Carlson. If I had a boy (not in plans), I'd want to name him Race.

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
3/19/11 1:40 p.m.

My sons name is Henry.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/19/11 1:59 p.m.
Type Q wrote:
NickF40 wrote: hahaha this is awesome My buddy is having a kid, his last names Stewart. So I said, Burt Brandon....BBS
You didn't suggest Jackie? haha I did but he forgot who he was at first! He wanted the Brandon so thats why I said BBS lol
JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/19/11 3:59 p.m.
Keith wrote: My girlfriend in high school was called Susan. Her dad wanted a boy, and was apparently a fan of Johnny Cash. Thus, Sue.

Was she angry?

Lugnut
Lugnut HalfDork
3/19/11 4:28 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Enzo? Dino?

I have met Italians named Enzo and Dino. Neither were car guys.

JFX001 wrote: Senna?

Actually, I kind of thought Senna was a pretty name for a girl until all of these Siennas and Sookies and whatnots started showing their horrid fake faces.

Claff
Claff Reader
3/19/11 4:41 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: Kourtlyn
Making sure this gem doesn't slip by.

Reads like the aftermath of an accident

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
3/20/11 3:18 p.m.

For me its aviation. One of my kids, boy or girl, WILL be named Kelly Johnson. Look up Lockheed for the back story on that one.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
3/21/11 8:57 p.m.
Claff wrote:
Osterkraut wrote:
Conquest351 wrote: Kourtlyn
Making sure this gem doesn't slip by.
Reads like the aftermath of an accident

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
3/22/11 7:58 a.m.

I win. My daughter's name is Morgan. I figured it was the only way I could have one.

Being a real airplane freak, I tried to work Pratt Whitney, Curtis Wright, Piper or Mooney into a name. The old ball and chain would have none of that.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
3/22/11 8:04 a.m.

When my wife was pregnant with our second son our oldest (Lucas) wanted us to name his brother Racecar Michael. We didn't have the balls to do it,but in hindsight we should have gone with Race Carmichael. That would have been a pretty bad ass name I suppose,but maybe the kid would appreciate it as much as we did,so he was named Alexander instead.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hOlDg5Re4U3VByxdbQkYcuCDQ9BjvYvH4L6AlbwWqUUmVyN7KdSz62hfNWKGDXB2