Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/6/24 9:53 a.m.

Ice is falling from the sky in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.

We are doomed.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/6/24 9:56 a.m.

Sounds like there's an opportunity to pick up a Challenge-priced car in a few days.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
1/6/24 10:11 a.m.

We got robbed in Cincinnati Ohio - just cold dreary rain.  Saw some mournful plow trucks parked on the highway patiently waiting for the white death.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
1/6/24 10:12 a.m.

In reply to brandonsmash :

Nah, I'm not far from him, it's light snow sized ice. If it wasn't turning to rain, I'd watch the Ravens play in it for fun. Tickets are pretty much free at this point. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/6/24 10:14 a.m.

They have talked about this for days and the weather folks here are somewhere between 3-9" of snow. What? We talking about 3-9"?

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/6/24 10:36 a.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

And you can keep that up there.

THAT would bring AA County to a screaming halt.  I guess we would be beyond doomed.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
1/6/24 10:38 a.m.

I went through my snowblower yesterday then put a little gas in it and started it for the first time in two years.   I only put in about a cup in case this turns into rain, way quicker to drain the tank that way.  We'll see on the snow.

I'm more concerned about the talk of another big wind and rain storm on Tuesday.  We got hammered a few weeks back and lost power while we were all at work.  No sump pump equaled a PITA clean up.  Picked up a battery back up sump pump and plumbed that in last weekend just in case.  Not that the sump pump should be running in the dead of winter to begin with but that's a thing this year.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/24 10:39 a.m.

Same here, after we got some icy rain we're now getting pre-iced rain.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
1/6/24 11:06 a.m.

are we talking sleet or hail?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zQZh08wxd1yac134ucMM8HiYc4m7oGCvOiAh4YH8Z1wfEeMjEbdgU50PPDyjXo1C