1 2
ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/20/24 8:57 a.m.

If you are into old tractors, you should read any (or better, all) of Roger Welsch's books.

It's like VGG for tractors in book form. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
1/20/24 9:45 a.m.

I went to a farm show last summer in Decatur, Illinois. I appreciate what these farmers restored.  

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
1/20/24 9:53 a.m.

the family on the red sign had 6-8 tractors on display 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
1/21/24 10:37 a.m.
ShawnG said:

In reply to Stampie :

Minneapolis Moline made an art deco tractor in the 30s that's beautiful as far as tractors go.

I went to a thresher show last summer, there were four or five Minneapolis-Moline UDLX's there both with and without cabs.  Here are a few of them.

One of the YouTube channels I watch is a Minnesota guy who restores tractors.  His main thing is old Caterpillars but he's also done a couple Farmalls, including an H and a Super M.  He also has a couple factory prototype Minneapolis-Molines - back in the day, the M-M factory would sell them to employees when they were done with them.  He's very meticulous and goes through everything step by step, it's pretty interesting.  Look for Squatch253 on YouTube.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
1/25/24 10:01 a.m.

When I was a teenager, a guy my dad worked for had married a woman who was (allegedly) a former model.

She made sure to tell everyone that she was a former model.

When I was introduced to her she said "I used to be a model you know!"

Her husband promptly added "For Massey Ferguson!".

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/25/24 5:34 p.m.

In reply to John_Brown :

Oldest we have currently is a 1989 White 120, but I do love seeing the older stuff. 

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
1/25/24 6:31 p.m.

In reply to WOW Really Paul? :

Those Whites are good looking tractors. 

Almost as good as the Case 970

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
1/25/24 6:45 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

The only thing that sucks about it is the engine, the Cummins 6bt isn't stout enough to be worked hard day in & day out. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5X3k3STBX9C2FjHSbA3Hn02XXp7zAs1dVTOzWFAWDF139URSqJkegu20A0yT5Kmb