1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

Like a dummy, I forgot to get glasses. But I did the "hole punched in paper" trick to show the GF. Not much to see as it's almost completely overcast here in eastern NM sad

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 2:49 p.m.
bobzilla said:

what is with all these people having the day off? Wife's school district is closed. Many people's plants/factories closed. And I"m still sitting here in a windowless concrete box inside a windowless concrete box.

Work and school will be there tomorrow. Maybe if we let people do more silly E36 M3 like this they'll be a bit happier.  I'm sitting outside like an idiot with paper glasses on and it's kinda fun. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/8/24 2:50 p.m.

Galaxy S24 Ultra with the glasses held in front of the camera lens:

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
4/8/24 2:50 p.m.

Being doubly safe!

4/8/24 2:52 p.m.

Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 3:02 p.m.

Passed through peak (59%) here about a half hour ago. Completely cloudless sky. The light was strange, almost desaturated, and you could feel that it was cooler. You can really see it in my solar output, it's only just starting to come back. Went from 11.7 kW output to 5.0.

volvoclearinghouse
4/8/24 3:03 p.m.

Mucked around with exposure settings and managed this. Another 15 minutes to totality here, expecting 90 percent. 

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
4/8/24 3:04 p.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Galaxy S24 Ultra with the glasses held in front of the camera lens:

I couldn't figure out how to get a great picture like this with my phone. Then I realized that I have a Galaxy S8. Nuff said.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 3:04 p.m.

Take with an elderly iPhone through free eclipse glasses. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 3:08 p.m.

307pm Smithton pa

4/8/24 3:10 p.m.

It is pretty freaky. It's like twilight, except the sun is still directly overhead. You can see why ancient people who didn't know was was going on would be freaked out by it.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/8/24 3:13 p.m.

I just did the cereal box thing - 5 seconds later.......

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
4/8/24 3:17 p.m.

It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

Well done, Tom. Well done.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/24 3:21 p.m.

The tree shadows are the coolest!

volvoclearinghouse
4/8/24 3:27 p.m.

Bewildered bees. I was able to set my camera about 3" away from this guy, and he did not move. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/8/24 3:40 p.m.

Totally amazing. Could even see solar flares coming from the sun during totality. Picture suck compared to what we saw. 

And when the sun came back, it was stunningly white. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
4/8/24 3:40 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 3:42 p.m.

We got some ok pictures. Of course we had black storm clouds during totality, but pretty great overall considering we didn't have to leave the house 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/8/24 3:44 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Bewildered bees. I was able to set my camera about 3" away from this guy, and he did not move. 

Ours didn't seem to care approaching 59%, but I have to admit I didn't check too closely near the peak. I should have. 

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
4/8/24 3:46 p.m.

Took a half day and made it into the path of totality in a random parking lot in small town nowhere.  Clouds cooperated at juuuuust the right time to see full totality.  Completely worth it.  

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
4/8/24 3:46 p.m.

Took these out the office window with my cell phone camera sitting behind a pair of "eclipse glasses":

Came out better than expected! 

gsettle
gsettle Reader
4/8/24 3:53 p.m.

WOW!

What an experience! Like standing at the edge of the Grand Canyon... No picture can do it justice.

We had ~4 minutes of totality, the temp went from 75 to 69...twilight type light on the East and West Horizons. It got about as dark as a full moon on a clear night, except for the horizons.

Now I understand why people travel long distances to go see the total eclipse!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/8/24 3:53 p.m.

So very cool, even if it was only partial here.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/8/24 3:54 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:
bobzilla said:

what is with all these people having the day off? Wife's school district is closed. Many people's plants/factories closed. And I"m still sitting here in a windowless concrete box inside a windowless concrete box.

Work and school will be there tomorrow. Maybe if we let people do more silly E36 M3 like this they'll be a bit happier.  I'm sitting outside like an idiot with paper glasses on and it's kinda fun. 

Agreed. I was having a two star day at best, boss suddenly said 'we have nothing going on that can't wait til tomorrow' and called it at like 1.  I kind of felt bad for the ppl who couldn't get away.  Back in 2017 I was on jury duty; the judge called for a break so we could all go out and see it.

Like 3 min after totality, this C130 came over, looks like they found a way to move themselves to the totality zone đź‘Ť.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Udk8wzjLwkMjGdyAAC8lBKhopYT26Krpurt5tNN7PfONENmxI8BFFodqZXd5IxR7