1 2 3 4
MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
12/14/12 9:50 a.m.

The GRM publishing family has had several people move on to other pursuits in the last few years. Would it be possible to have them say "goodbye" or "Hey, I won't be around as much in the future"? I understand if they were fired how that might go poorly, but we get to know a lot of you and it always feels odd when someone is just gone.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
12/14/12 9:56 a.m.

Some people just aren't into goodbyes. It's hard for people. If they want to, they will.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
12/14/12 11:39 a.m.

I still miss the wit of Noelle Omer.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/14/12 12:17 p.m.

Hard to write a letter when you are under a patio...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
12/14/12 12:20 p.m.
slefain wrote: Hard to write a letter when you are under a patio...

http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
12/14/12 12:55 p.m.

my company acts like past employee's melted away......we never say a word and tend to ALWAYS blame the employee that left; should a customer ask........LOL

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/14/12 2:52 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: I still miss the wit of Noelle Omer.

She is freaking out trying to figure out who you are.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
12/14/12 3:02 p.m.

I just wanted to drop a reference to the old days.
To answer the question, I am no one more than someone who should be working harder rather than wasting time at my desk on this place, but...we all need some entertainment.

I bought my first GRM about 1994 when I was prepping my Miata for autox. In those pre-internet days I picked up a copy of the mag for its build report and project autox Miata then followed it as an exact recipe. In 2000, I was also autox'ing a MR2 SC. By that time, the internet was brimming with info. Somewhere between those two cars I wondered into the early GRM forum and never left.

No freaky stalker stuff. Maybe I should have used her hubby's name.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
12/14/12 3:18 p.m.

I heard that Per has gone... is it true?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/14/12 3:22 p.m.

Yes, it is, sad but true.

no_L
no_L New Reader
12/14/12 3:38 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
JohnRW1621 wrote: I still miss the wit of Noelle Omer.
She is freaking out trying to figure out who you are.

Sir Poop Shoveler likes to exaggerate. A mere 47 texts to him about this hardly constitutes freaking out.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/12 3:44 p.m.

Per? Really? That's a real shame. He's been part of the family for a long, long time.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/14/12 3:59 p.m.
No freaky stalker stuff.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that at all. Sorry.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 3:59 p.m.

From ze book of faces:

Per Schroeder said (December 7th at 4:18am: Today is my last day at Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports magazines. After thirteen years, I am ready to embrace what else may come. Opportunities are everywhere!
Per Schroeder said (December 7th, 11:26am): Thanks folks, I appreciate the good thoughts—I hope to have lots of posts over the next few weeks about the fish I'm catching, both literally and figuratively. I have inquiries in with a handful of publishing groups that I would like to work with, as well as some marketing options as well.
Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
12/14/12 5:58 p.m.

Wow... I saw a reference to that on another thread, but hoped it was incorrect. I thought he'd be there forever...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
12/14/12 6:00 p.m.
turboswede wrote: From ze book of faces:
Per Schroeder said (December 7th at 4:18am: Today is my last day at Grassroots Motorsports and Classic Motorsports magazines. After thirteen years, I am ready to embrace what else may come. Opportunities are everywhere!
Per Schroeder said (December 7th, 11:26am): Thanks folks, I appreciate the good thoughts—I hope to have lots of posts over the next few weeks about the fish I'm catching, both literally and figuratively. I have inquiries in with a handful of publishing groups that I would like to work with, as well as some marketing options as well.
Sounds like it was wtiten while the concrete was curing ...good luck Per.
mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
12/14/12 6:19 p.m.

I checked my back issues and I started reading GRM right when Per started. Also remember Noel from waaaaaaay back then. It was weird to drop off the forum for something like 8 years and have is be substantially the same when I got back. I love this place.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/14/12 7:30 p.m.

Uh, thanks for the patio references. It's hard enough to lose people without that crap.

Speaking of losing people, both Noelle and Per decided they just really didn't want to live in Florida anymore. We've lost other employees to Florida-hate in the past, and location is the single biggest obstacle when we're hiring. (With Per's departure we are inundated once again with applicants who get really shocked when we tell them they, you know, have to come to work to work here. The best one came this week from a kid who wants to INTERN here without relocating from another state.) I know Florida is a common punchline, but really, I'd rather live here than... well, most of the places these people apply from. It's frustrating.

Margie

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
12/14/12 7:42 p.m.

Really? I guess I have been here to long. I always assumed people wanted to live in FL.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/14/12 7:43 p.m.

Oh no!

I am gonna miss him!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/14/12 7:53 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Really? I guess I have been here to long. I always assumed people wanted to live in FL.

It isn't called "God's Waiting Room" for nothing! LOL

That said, I'd be there yesterday if I didn't already have commitments here.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/14/12 7:56 p.m.

Sorry that Per's gone. I wish him the best of luck, wherever he lands.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/14/12 7:56 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Uh, thanks for the patio references. It's hard enough to lose people without that crap. Speaking of losing people, both Noelle and Per decided they just really didn't want to live in Florida anymore. We've lost other employees to Florida-hate in the past, and location is the single biggest obstacle when we're hiring. (With Per's departure we are inundated once again with applicants who get really shocked when we tell them they, you know, have to come to work to work here. The best one came this week from a kid who wants to INTERN here without relocating from another state.) I know Florida is a common punchline, but really, I'd rather live here than... well, most of the places these people apply from. It's frustrating. Margie

Eh, I'd relocate to Florida to work for you if I had any skillset you actually needed me and/or you could afford me. There are worse places to live....I know, Im living there.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
12/14/12 8:01 p.m.

dang, I had some B Mod build questions I wanted to ask Per, guess he's somewhere on the internet tho

oh and, good luck to him

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
12/14/12 8:17 p.m.

Hey, I've been to Florida. Several times. I understand completely.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KDcSwbk9iOjSQM74IlCJWxwFOhBkgtM5JXE4QLLNskJ3WRhXNssH9Xck5Sl1Snt0