doitover
doitover Reader
9/4/08 8:45 a.m.

vp nominee affair

Ok, I'm being a jerk.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/4/08 8:58 a.m.

And why would I believe the Enquirer now? I see no mention of a Big Foot/Yeti/Alien or Elvis anywhere in that story.

minimac
minimac Dork
9/4/08 9:28 a.m.
doitover wrote: Ok, I'm being a jerk.

Nobody's arguing.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
9/4/08 10:09 a.m.

Many may not realize it, but the National Enquirer is run under the same standards as a "normal" newspaper / magazine (confirmed stories etc.). They are no longer the "Hitlers staff car on the moon" kind of magazine. Compare it to the other "rags" on the stand and I think you will see what I mean.

Yes, certainly still a sensationalist organization, but you can be as certain as with other magazines / newspapers that the stories are true.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/4/08 10:15 a.m.

Maybe moreso. When you're dancing right on the edge of a libel suit, you have to be able to back up what you write.

doitover
doitover Reader
9/4/08 10:27 a.m.

Yes, you can be certain that someone told them she was having an affair. That person may not even be from the same country and they may have been paid to say it but the Enquirer accurately reported that it was said.

PeteWW
PeteWW New Reader
9/4/08 11:00 a.m.

The source of the allegation is Palin's former bro-in-law - the state trooper who tazed his son and beat his wife. Reputable source.

carguy123
carguy123 HalfDork
9/4/08 11:04 a.m.

So that means Palin is a neo-nazi then, right? The Dems will have fun with that.

Why is it that the leanings of a friend of a friend are associated with media figures? It doesn't matter their persuasions, but a scum bag told us so she/he is also a scumbag by association.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/4/08 11:21 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: And why would I believe the Enquirer now? I see no mention of a Big Foot/Yeti/Alien or Elvis anywhere in that story.

That's the Weekly World News. Batboy is too cool for the Enquirer.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/4/08 11:25 a.m.

I miss the Weekly World News. Funniest paper this side of The Onion.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
9/4/08 11:27 a.m.

Yo! For a minute there I thought they hired Katie Couric.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CBDuLTH3c7gyFvy7KfMxpEmZlt5TBIDSuIqWHoRF99hc3yA9hIhvHHfDvxsCTlvm