N Sperlo PowerDork
9/27/12 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

LOLZ

yamaha
yamaha Dork
9/27/12 12:03 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote:
yamaha wrote: I'll prolly enjoy all the douches going to horizon instead of berkeleying up the fm4 public hoppers.
I will go ahead and apologize now if you are getting trolled by Russian Saab 99 police cars in the drift lobbies. I iz one of them.

nah, I don't drift......except when I have a huge lead in A-class circuit hoppers. And now that my VW Ghia tune is nearly perfected, I expect to have many glorious leads floundered by my novice drifting(aka dicking around)

I'm referring to the asshattedry in the A-class public hoppers by the PETF clan and a couple other individuals that run with them

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/27/12 11:38 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I'm torn on this one. I've hear rumor that I won't be able to port any of my f4 cars (which sucks)

I saw on another video where they claim that it'll be just like how starting in F4 was if you had an F3 save. They'll award you with a few cars depending on what level you got up to.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/27/12 11:40 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Will do, but Horizon kinda weeded out most of the less desirable cars...

Maybe go the other route and stick it on some ridiculous exotic. I think the Veyron would look good rocking the company logo...

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
9/28/12 1:06 a.m.
EvanB wrote: I thought this was going to be about a Plymouth Horizon you could race in Forza.

You bastard. You can read my thoughts.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
9/28/12 9:11 a.m.

Just saw on the behind the scenes video the development team is putting out that they'll have barn finds (I know, TDU did it!) where you can have whatever you found restored and added to your library.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/1/12 11:03 a.m.

Demo is coming out on October 9th.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/forza_horizon/news/forza_horizon_demo_coming_october_9.html

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/1/12 11:11 a.m.

I may go ahead and buy this game.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/1/12 12:07 p.m.

Looking forward to the demo! Just paid off my limited edition copy last night by trading in my old 1st gen xbox 360 and accessories by using a special at Gamestop.

Got just over 103 bucks for my stuff, which is probably as good as I would've fared on CL.

Also preordered Need for Speed and Assassins Creed 3.

It seems anymore, if you're willing to put a demo out before your game goes on sale, you're pretty sure it'll be a hit.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/1/12 12:13 p.m.

That video pretty much confirmed what I was hoping for, it appears you can drive anywhere, as shown by that Evo veering off the road and flying through the grassy field. Wouldn't mind trying that with a Ford Raptor.

Cant wait to try the Demo.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
10/1/12 5:19 p.m.

1968 Fiat 500 Abarth essesse just revealed

failboat
failboat Dork
10/1/12 5:51 p.m.

1. 1968 Fiat 500
  2. New Fiat 500 Abarth engine
  3. ????
  4. Profit!!!1!!!!1!!
failboat
failboat Dork
10/9/12 6:28 a.m.

Demo is out today. I have to wait till I get home to try it...I am hearing very good things so far though.

jde
jde Reader
10/9/12 11:07 a.m.

In reply to failboat:

Working on downloading now, hopefully can get some time with it before I have to head out of town.

jde
jde Reader
10/9/12 1:03 p.m.

After running through the three events of the demo, I'm really impressed.

Cars, to me, have the same Forza feel. Some of the atmospheric graphics and voiceover have a little Dirt2/3 feel to it. (Not in a bad way, though.)

Demo starts with you in a new Viper giving chase to an AI competitor.

Then you do a dirt race in an Evo.

Racing a P-51 Mustang across a point-to-point course with a Boss 429 is the third event.

Final event is back in the Viper for a street race with other supercars.

After each event, you're given the option to race the ghost of what I assume to be someone else on Live who has completed that event. You also drive to each of the events.

Once you've completed the events, you can rerun them or free drive around the limited map.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/9/12 1:18 p.m.

Yep, a lot of folks on the Forza forums are complaining about the "feel" because is isn't identical to Forza 4.

I'd say its similar, but it allows you to hold longer drifts, and makes the cars slightly less twitchy. And when you're racing down two-lane roads and dodging traffic at 120 mph, less twitchy steering is appreciated.

Even SWMBO got in on the fun, and cranked out a few respectable races. She thinks it's a lot more accessible than F4 and the like.

I can't wait for this and NFS: Most Wanted. I'll have Forza 4 for decent sim racing, Forza Horizon for exploring/modding cars in an open world, and NFS for high-speed police chases. Something to fit every driving mood.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/9/12 1:21 p.m.

It is a good season for racing games, that's for sure.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
10/9/12 1:21 p.m.

I'm at 97% completion in Forza 4. I'm rushing to complete EVERY SINGLE RACE with gold in "Event List" before I start on Horizon.

To put things in perspective, my "level" in the game is 216. That lets you know how much work it is getting 100%. It borders on socially unacceptable.

I take my XBOX on business trips, though. What else am I going to do in the evenings sitting in a hotel room by myself?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/9/12 1:28 p.m.
mndsm wrote: It is a good season for racing games, that's for sure.

It's a good season for games, period! Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, basically any of the new updated FPS shooters depending on your taste.

I think the only other game I "have" to get on release day is AC3, just because I'm kind of a history nerd.

I've hinted to SWMBO pretty hard that all I'd like for Christmas is a copy of F1 2012.

Now bring on that snow.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/9/12 1:34 p.m.

GTA V, when the hell is that one coming, that's probably next on the purchase list after Horizon, whenever it is...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/9/12 1:36 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote:
It's a good season for games, period! Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, basically any of the new updated FPS shooters depending on your taste. I think the only other game I "have" to get on release day is AC3, just because I'm kind of a history nerd. I've hinted to SWMBO pretty hard that all I'd like for Christmas is a copy of F1 2012. Now bring on that snow.

Borderlands 2. Not even a month into release and I've got 60+ hours into it. It's damn good.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/9/12 1:36 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote:
It's a good season for games, period! Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, basically any of the new updated FPS shooters depending on your taste. I think the only other game I "have" to get on release day is AC3, just because I'm kind of a history nerd. I've hinted to SWMBO pretty hard that all I'd like for Christmas is a copy of F1 2012. Now bring on that snow.

Borderlands 2. Not even a month into release and I've got 60+ hours into it. It's damn good.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/9/12 7:47 p.m.

Not me

http://youtu.be/_cY08rTps6A

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/10/12 8:07 a.m.
mndsm wrote:
Racer1ab wrote:

Also Resident Evil 6.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
10/10/12 8:54 a.m.
failboat wrote: GTA V, when the hell is that one coming, that's probably next on the purchase list after Horizon, whenever it is...

We shall online when this comes out? LOL

1 2 3 4 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8J6TW1pNIkCEQIDe0ssvW49SWBtnOTEwKe0yLppeHNle9cUvL8TDcD6Z0JUg11FE