1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Copper280z
Copper280z New Reader
10/10/12 9:36 a.m.

I'm not impressed, I was really hoping for full on FM4 feel but with open worldedness, I wanted the twitchy steering, I wanted all the things that make driving fast in Forza difficult.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/10/12 9:45 a.m.

the physics do not feel the same I agree.

of course with every previous forza demo, the demo itself and the real game still felt pretty different from each other.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
10/10/12 11:21 a.m.

I like it, I realized that the physics have to be changed slightly for the game to actually work without you flying off track non stop.

Steering response is way up. Actually feels more natural to me. Cars seem to understeer too much, hopefully it's something you can tune out. Grip is way up as well. Some magic tires that grip like r compounds on pavement and rally tires in dirt. Lol Another thing is the weight transfer has very little effect now. The mustang and viper did have a little sidestep when the rear gets light though.

I'll be addicted all winter for sure!

failboat
failboat Dork
10/10/12 11:28 a.m.

I just want to take that 70 mustang and go tear up some of the dirt roads!

soon.

I guess dukes of hazzard liveries will be ported over from FM4 and selling like hotcakes once the game is released.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/10/12 11:48 a.m.

Sounds like I need to fire up he ol' XBL and DL the demo.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/10/12 1:31 p.m.

So, I DL'ed the demo. You all were right, the steering is VERY loose. I had a hard time with the viper, which would have been no problem in Forza4. It also reminded me of a hybrid of NFS the run, and NFS pro street. The latter was ok, the former was GARBAGE. Still pissed at EA for that one. However, Forza, huge customizing, 16 friends, open world, I'll likely acquire it.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/10/12 1:32 p.m.

Damn all this makes me now not want this game.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/10/12 1:32 p.m.

oh. hate to break it to you, but I think its been confirmed...Forza Horizon - 8 player lobbies again.

In reply to 93EXCivic: why don't you just try the demo?

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
10/10/12 1:39 p.m.
mndsm wrote: So, I DL'ed the demo. You all were right, the steering is VERY loose. I had a hard time with the viper, which would have been no problem in Forza4. It also reminded me of a hybrid of NFS the run, and NFS pro street. The latter was ok, the former was GARBAGE. Still pissed at EA for that one. However, Forza, huge customizing, 16 friends, open world, I'll likely acquire it.

Were you on normal steering or simulation? I forgot and had it on sim for the first few races. I was spinning out of control. Lol

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/10/12 2:25 p.m.

I was on whatever the default was. I had like 5min to try it out.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/10/12 2:27 p.m.

I DL'd the demo and can't play it.......must have corrupted at some point downloading the 1.5gb. Oh well....

failboat
failboat Dork
10/10/12 2:34 p.m.

oh yea default has a ton of the driving aids turned on and really dicks with your driving experience. when it gives you the option to change your difficulty, you can change all the options there.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/10/12 2:39 p.m.
failboat wrote: oh. hate to break it to you, but I think its been confirmed...Forza Horizon - 8 player lobbies again. In reply to 93EXCivic: why don't you just try the demo?

No Xbox live.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/10/12 2:48 p.m.

I think...you can still download demos even if you don't have xbox live gold. just a matter of getting the box hooked up to a high speed connection. Just a thought.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/10/12 6:10 p.m.

I got to say, the physics are definitely dumbed down. I've heard that this might be intentional on the demo, so who knows.

Despite this, They really captured the idea and the 'open road' feel pretty well, Its fairly addicting. This is to the point that I drove every inch of the roads in the demo already and I think unlocked everything I could. Was then pretty bummed next time I logged on to see that it doesn't save... I guess I'll be getting the game

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/10/12 6:14 p.m.

Couldn't stand it with all the assists on. Turned everything off when I could and it's so much better. Made it all the way through the demo and spent a good hour last night hooning about in the open environment.

Flying around a blind corner and coming face to grill with a tourbus is rather exciting...

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/10/12 6:27 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: I got to say, the physics are definitely dumbed down. I've heard that this might be intentional on the demo, so who knows. Despite this, They really captured the idea and the 'open road' feel pretty well, Its fairly addicting. This is to the point that I drove every inch of the roads in the demo already and I think unlocked everything I could. Was then pretty bummed next time I logged on to see that it doesn't save... I guess I'll be getting the game

yeah, the no save thing on the demo annoys the hell out of me. Like i wanna sit through the race wars opener every time i fire the pig up.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/10/12 6:32 p.m.

Yeah... Its funny with the opening, at first with the people taking pictures in front of cool stuff/adventures I thought it was pretty cool. Then it goes into some 'hot import night'/drifter tv crap that you can't skip

That race you have with the main dude 'on your way to the event' is pretty cool.

Now, how to we put on a festival like this with out certain (shiny happy) people and massive accidents ruining it?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
10/10/12 6:39 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Yeah... Its funny with the opening, at first with the people taking pictures in front of cool stuff/adventures I thought it was pretty cool. Then it goes into some 'hot import night'/drifter tv crap that you can't skip That race you have with the main dude 'on your way to the event' is pretty cool. Now, how to we put on a festival like this with out certain (shiny happy) people and massive accidents ruining it?

It all starts with a missile silo, several thousand acres of land, and the promise of a new patio for Margie

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/12 7:02 p.m.

I DL'd it as soon as I got home from work yesterday. I'm kinda dissappinted that the "open world" limits you to about 10ft off the road. I wanna take my Evo through a fence, across a field and off a mountain. I have been playing Fuel the past few weeks, so maybe I'm spoiled. I am impressed by the amount of roads to drive on though. I tend to free drive for hours, trying to find a cool area or secret. I did manage to get behind the Mustang vs. Mustang trailer. Then I fell through the map LOL.

Who else hit some traffic head on in the opening race? My brain stuttered my confronted with traffic. "I'll just take this corner a little wide to get around this guy.... OH E36 M3! Smash. Wait, that was a car. That I'm NOT racing. Going the opposite way." Mind = blown

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/10/12 7:13 p.m.

There are things in the demo you can crash through and smash....you just gotta find 'em

On one of the dirt roads, there's a farm with a fence around it...all smashable and you get points! There's also places you can go off roading and bypass intersections etc. Cliff diving seems to be out through

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/10/12 7:30 p.m.

Yeah, I ran over everything I could get to haha....

I was really looking forward to cliffjumping in the Raptor

Oh and if (when) you roll your car, its an instant respawn. No chance to recover like in Forza 4. I did manage to get points for a "Kangaroo". I didn't know an Evo could bounce like that

Copper280z
Copper280z New Reader
10/10/12 9:24 p.m.

Some of you guys might check out Test Drive Unlimited 2, true open world, with dirt, but the physics are pretty unimpressive, very arcade, but still entertaining if you like free driving. Pretty sure it's gotten cheap by now too.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/10/12 10:03 p.m.
RoadRaceDart wrote: There are things in the demo you can crash through and smash....you just gotta find 'em On one of the dirt roads, there's a farm with a fence around it...all smashable and you get points! There's also places you can go off roading and bypass intersections etc. Cliff diving seems to be out through

IF you look that farmhouse has an open barn. Im sure thats where one of the barn finds will be in the future.

Im mostly looking foward to exploring the world, looking for secrets like previously mentioned.

failboat
failboat Dork
10/11/12 6:39 a.m.
Copper280z wrote: Some of you guys might check out Test Drive Unlimited 2, true open world, with dirt, but the physics are pretty unimpressive, very arcade, but still entertaining if you like free driving. Pretty sure it's gotten cheap by now too.

I think what TDU2 lacks in physics it makes up for in the sheer size of the environment and the freedom to go anywhere. Its almost overwhelming. You can spend weeks exploring and still not find everything, unless you don't have a day job or something... The Horizon map is much smaller in comparison.

This whole barn find idea in Horizon was definitely inspired by the "wrecks" you find in TDU2. Find 8 wrecks of the same car hidden around the map, and you found enough "parts" for the car and a new car is available for purchase at the used car dealer. There is only 4 of them though.

There is a Day/night cycle with weather, The cars only get visual damage, but do get dirty and muddy from blasting down dirt roads. I think the cars even sound pretty good.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9DYpWf9E8rQB6vgtHLhx570SuBvGkaI6HGPhyIwPe9qiPIEU8yfCU26r70UUaJ24