1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
10/23/12 8:43 a.m.

I played for about 2 1/2 hours last night. It's been pretty fun so far! Couple things I noticed is dirt feels quite a bit different than in the demo. More realistic IMO. Also I like the handling pretty well. R comps are super sticky but street tires seem pretty legit. The lack of tuning mixed with the rough roads and dirt has a new effect on tuning strategy. It will be fun to try out different setups to see what works best. I'm thinking more swaybar with either stock or sport springs. My miata was bouncing out of control going over rough dirt with race springs! Lol

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/23/12 9:18 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: I had fun playing it, but it's certainly more aimed at the "lifestyle" person than the serious automotive enthusiast. It felt more arcady (is that a word?) than past Forza games.

If you view it as a traditional "forza" game, it'll be pointless........all it is intended to do is compete with Need for Speed. After finally getting the demo to work, I decided it wasn't worth my time and money.....so I bought the ultimate version of new vegas instead.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
10/24/12 1:14 a.m.

Just played it for a bit, and had a blast. Just a bit disappointed that dirt and mixed events seem to be awd only, as I was looking foreward to having a rally mini or two to race.

Also, my Camaro has seen more dirt than my Scooby, am I doing it right?

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
10/24/12 4:52 a.m.

It is much better than I anticipated, especially after the demo. It definitely isn't Forza, but it's fun. I have done many of the races, I've just been cruising around, unlocking the free fast travel (PR stunts) and finding barn finds. It's fun.

One thing I noticed is that all the Horizon Festival signs in the game say "Horizon" and "Colorado 2012". Kinda makes it look like sequels will be elsewhere, like "Queensland 2014" (Australia) or "Shizouka 2016" (Japan). Maybe not, just interesting that they have year and location tied together.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
10/24/12 5:17 a.m.

I've noticed that "Yoga Driver" has done a few events in this game so far. You need to stop lurking in the shadows and come join us, on either game!

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/24/12 8:11 a.m.

I played for a good 6 hours last night. The physics are what I would call close enough to FM4. On the wheel, drifting is super easy with simulation steering turned off. The biggest change I think, aside from there being no tuning, is how the tire compounds feel. They have a lot of grip. The street tires feel more like FM4 sport tires, maybe even grippier.

I had the most fun with cars by leaving the stock tires on. The Miata is really fun on a windy road, like coming down out of Red Rock.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/24/12 8:13 a.m.

I'm still on the fence with purchasing.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/24/12 8:14 a.m.

I only got to play for like an hour last night but I am loving it so far.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/24/12 9:42 a.m.

Sperlo, Do eeeeehhhht

Retro/Boat, Quit messing up my speed trap times. It brings the OCD out

Edit: Uh, I mean Speed trap... Speeds.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/24/12 9:59 a.m.

HRM.... Guess I'll talk it over with the wife...

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/24/12 11:04 a.m.

I heard a rumor that you can be a part of more than 1 club now. I need to investigate this because I like harassing you guys on Rivals.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/24/12 11:08 a.m.
failboat wrote: I heard a rumor that you can be a part of more than 1 club now. I need to investigate this because I like harassing you guys on Rivals.

+1, Sir

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/12 1:39 p.m.

SVT Raptor + golf course - traction control = easy leveling. Just link all the drifts, jumps and crazy stuff together to get crazy multipliers. Amazon delivered my Collector's Edition last night and I played for 2.5 hours. Don't use the demo to base your opinion of it. The full game is way different (to me at least). I've been counting the hours down at work so I can go play it hahaha...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/24/12 6:02 p.m.
BobOfTheFuture wrote: Sperlo, Do eeeeehhhht Retro/Boat, Quit messing up my speed trap times. It brings the OCD out Edit: Uh, I mean Speed trap... Speeds.

I feel left out, as I tried my best to destroy some of TGRM's members records this morning in my ridiculous '13 GT500.

Edit: This is drivesideways46, my old screen name was lost in the GRM web fiasco years back.

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
10/24/12 6:27 p.m.

S-class Mini - Why is this so damn fun?

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/24/12 7:01 p.m.

Ah, ok. I was sending out some club invites to some of the people from GRM on my frends list, But I wasnt sure if you were a GRM'er or not.

Now, I already made Racerfink a leader cause he is on these games a bunch, Who else wants to be one? Im pretty sure the only duty is to accept join requests...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab HalfDork
10/24/12 7:24 p.m.

I'll be glad to help.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
10/24/12 7:24 p.m.

In reply to BobOfTheFuture:

I won't be able pick up Horizon new, but if you just need a guy in the club to accept requests, I could probably do that.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/24/12 11:02 p.m.

Well, corrado id expect you to join up, and you are def. On enough to get a co-leader spot.

I just know it may take me some time sometimes to accept the join requests. I dont want anyone to think they are being snubbed cause im at work.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/24/12 11:07 p.m.

If my wonky internet is still up when I get home, I'll send a request. Then go hunting for that pesky barn find that popped up

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
10/25/12 12:20 a.m.

Wish there was a way to turn off the message system. Getting tired of seeing "So-and-so beat your top speed" pop up every two minutes.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
10/25/12 1:17 a.m.

Yeah, certain parts are annoying. But overall, the game is enjoyable and I've gotten adept at ignoring annoying things (otherwise I wouldn't still be working where I do LOL!)

failboat
failboat SuperDork
10/25/12 4:24 a.m.

Unfortunately....still can only join 1 club in horizon. So now I have to choose GRM or another forum I am active on. I hate that.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
10/25/12 6:21 a.m.
racerfink wrote: Wish there was a way to turn off the message system. Getting tired of seeing "So-and-so beat your top speed" pop up every two minutes.

Hud options maybe? Thought I saw it in there, but it may have been something else.

Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero)
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) HalfDork
10/25/12 9:24 a.m.

I'm waiting for it to be $30 used then i'll bite

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sTo1W9KS6KtNGLIzVHmAfkKtPCSKPb31ZYh8Ejvxbyamzua7qZZ1wRb77j4ejpRg