1 2 3 4
yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/12/13 9:27 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: So the original Eleanor was a 73 fast back? Those(71-73) are my favorite. My first introduction was as a Bond Car.

Oh the movie where it magically switched the two wheels it was running on while inbetween buildings? Derp Brits Derp....

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon SuperDork
11/12/13 10:19 a.m.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/12/13 10:40 a.m.

Drycoff: Man this guy can drive!

Det. Roland Castlebeck: What? WHAT?

Drycoff: It's probably mostly the car...

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/12/13 12:18 p.m.

fav. scene in the re-make is the 2 guys stealing the Jag from the parking garage.

carjacker pulls gun on Donnie, who beats the crap out of him.

Donnie, yelling in frustration: "Any fool can pull a gun on somebody. You need a roll model!"

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/12/13 1:14 p.m.
EvanB wrote: I still have the original on VHS somewhere but nothing to watch it on.

I have a VCR and a computer thingus to record anything with an RCA input.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/12/13 1:27 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Drycoff: Man this guy can drive! Det. Roland Castlebeck: What? WHAT? Drycoff: It's probably mostly the car...

GO BABY GO!

gofastbobby
gofastbobby New Reader
11/12/13 2:10 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59agjnZLUE

best line of the movie as far as im concerned.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/13 2:16 p.m.

In reply to gofastbobby:

+1

ohms
ohms Reader
11/12/13 2:26 p.m.

love original and the remake. But lets be honest. The original Eleanor was ugly. The hot cars in the original are the manta and the pantera. And when the credits roll, despite Eleanor's chase scene being more than half the movie's length (i think), the only thing you remember is the pair of legs exiting the pantera.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/12/13 3:48 p.m.

A Manta better than a Mach1?

Have you been hanging out with Rob Ford?

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/12/13 4:36 p.m.
ohms wrote: . But lets be honest. The original Eleanor was ugly.

The '71-73 Mustang was the best looking Mustang before or since.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
11/12/13 7:45 p.m.
Knurled wrote:

You're either bating us or severely demented. The pinnacle of all things Mustang was:

Original Eleanor is only cool because Halicki made it so. Those cars would hold zero interest for most of us if not for her. If you've ever driven one (and I have) you won't care how it looks; they drive like AMC Matadors.

Still, I'd take one any day over that hideous abortion festooned with pointless plastic add-ons they laughably called Eleanor in the remake.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
11/12/13 7:52 p.m.

You're either bating us or severely demented. The pinnacle of all things Mustang was:

I agree with this. I loath Ford products but this is the only one I would ever own.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/12/13 7:53 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I wish the remake had any other lead actor. I freaking hate Nicolas Cage with a passion. The only movie I think he has had a good performance in was Raising Arizona. After that he sucks. I have the original on DVD, as well as the original Italian Job. I like all of them, just hate Nick Cage.

Also Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/12/13 8:02 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv:

Having driven most of the early Mustangs, right up to the fox body, they ALL drive like E36 M3.

They're nice to look at but every one I've worked on has been a poorly assembly heap underneath.

The '67 (I think) with a 289 we have in on a regular basis has the worst clutch I've ever driven, the over-center part of the travel is terrible, we've adjusted it and even lengthened the Z-bar, the clutch is still heavy and horrible.

The GT390 that belongs to another customer is so twisted up from the motor that one lift pad always has about an inch of air between it and the body when the car is in the air.

They're built like my '82 Corolla underneath except they've got V8s in them.

AquaHusky
AquaHusky Reader
11/12/13 9:59 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

I had a 66 with the 230ci 6 and C4 trans. Put in new lca's and noticed how it bent in the middle when I lifted the front with my stepdads engine puller. I sold it soon after that as I didnt like how that looked. Also, the alignment guy said doing an alignment on them sucks because you have to take the wheels off to make adjustments. But I love the looks of them old Mustangs.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
11/12/13 10:04 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: I wish the remake had any other lead actor. I freaking hate Nicolas Cage with a passion. The only movie I think he has had a good performance in was Raising Arizona. After that he sucks. I have the original on DVD, as well as the original Italian Job. I like all of them, just hate Nick Cage.

Didn't John Goodman hit him in the head pretty hard in that movie? That might explain it.

Though if you really wan't to see Nick Cage at his best, you need to watch Vampire's Kiss, trust me, just do it, its one of the funniest (through its E36M3yness) things I've ever seen.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
11/12/13 10:26 p.m.

Generally, I like to stick with the '65-'68s and the Fox Bodies. Although a later Shelby De Mexico, or a Boss would be nice to have...

I just like car movies.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
11/12/13 10:33 p.m.

I remember seeing that remake after watching "Varsity Blues" with Scott Caan. I remarked, "Tweeter steals cars, cause that's what Tweeter does.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
11/13/13 8:35 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Still, I'd take one any day over that hideous abortion festooned with pointless plastic add-ons they laughably called Eleanor in the remake.

You are entitled to your opinion but you can only spew so much wrongness before peoples brains shut off.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/13/13 9:31 a.m.

60s cars look wrong with big ghey hotweels-looking wheels and tires.

Nothing bigger than a 15" wheel.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/13/13 9:44 a.m.
Knurled wrote:

I find them to barely be a step above the Mustang II.

Never saw the appeal of those years at all. The earlier cars I can appreciate. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
11/13/13 10:18 a.m.

I have a 68 fastback, but really prefer the 1969/1970 aesthetic.

71/72/72 are a bit bloated, but I wouldn't kick one out of bed for leaving crumbs.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/13/13 11:26 a.m.
Flight Service wrote:
ddavidv wrote: Still, I'd take one any day over that hideous abortion festooned with pointless plastic add-ons they laughably called Eleanor in the remake.
You are entitled to your opinion but you can only spew so much wrongness before peoples brains shut off.

So much body kit, so ugly.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/13/13 11:28 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
So much body kit, so ugly.

I don't find it ugly- but given that pic, it does appear...dated.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SN0dQXl402kUygKI8y6fiyMausY6sziS8rpZevGEn3TRo3Uv11JMwsDKY93HQyKl