1 2
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/23/16 1:10 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Can't say I'd buy a 2WD truck. Resale value alone.

except for stripper commercial vehicles, I didn't know they still built and sold 2wd trucks. Almost every one I see (and this includes most contractor trucks) are 4wd

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
11/23/16 2:02 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Osterkraut wrote: Can't say I'd buy a 2WD truck. Resale value alone.
except for stripper commercial vehicles, I didn't know they still built and sold 2wd trucks. Almost every one I see (and this includes most contractor trucks) are 4wd

They do. We've been buying them for decades. No need for a 4wd truck here. If it's bad enough our truck can't make it out, it's not worth going out. I see no reason to purchase and maintain something that I might use once or twice a year at most. Plust the hit in fuel economy. I'll take my 24mpg pushrod truck over 18 with 4wd.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
11/23/16 2:04 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: It's not really a factor in Florida, but would definitely matter up North.

It's really not an issue in most of the country to be honest. People are just dumb and when the white stuff flies they go batE36 M3 crazy. I see more 4wd/AWD's in the ditches and medians than any other type of vehicle. Just because you can go better than others doesnt mean you can stop or turn better.

This is a case where nanny-devices have definitely dumbed down our society.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lg4FdUs469wNmfsNhO0WZCqkatEi4E5U1UTvYz0R2CUmQEJqiG9lMcwBCVK3V9jO